What the Heck is That?!

Fascinating! I wish I had gone ahead and replied “Braille” as that’s what my brain initially said but I couldn’t make sense of it so my loss…Contrats to Elvoid! Tks for sharing your dad’s teaching tool! We take our eyes for granted, don’t we! God Bless him for his determination to read Braille so he could continue with his reading passion!

1 Like

And that?
CBS 2

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Oh my! Good one. James Bond paraphernalia?

1 Like

Something he might use in a pinch :disguised_face:
( I had to edit to pic2 as I noticed if you hovered over the original it showed file name and answer lol )

2 Likes

I can only say Deburr, Pipe

1 Like

Renamed and it still showed lol oops, edit

Close ish and quick too.

1 Like

We had things like this to deburring copper pipes.
I hope it helps. My English goes to end, i saw the Filename, lol, and go out.
Fairness.

1 Like

About 7.5 in. - 19.05 cm overall length, The brass cone length is about 2.75 in - 7. cm
and 1.38 in - 3.5 cm Diameter, The folding blade sharp on one edge.
Perfectly suited to Deburr pipe or tubing however more a tool for a tool. :grapes:

2 Likes

Is that a cork borer sharper tool ? Like the sharpener tool you would use that puts holes in wooded casks for corks? Perhaps I should say it like the thing that sharpens the thing that puts holes in things for corks ? I don’t know what you call it.

1 Like

I’m fairly sure I seen one of them recently and a seriously old dude using it. I cant recall what he called it but it is a sailmakers/netmakers tool tool. The cone is used to spread canvas sheeting without slicing the weave for eyelets to be hammered in on a sail or to spread the knots for a new rope to be lashed in on a damaged net. The blade is there to assist in all things nautical

1 Like

Believe Craig_Anthony is correct. Looks like a cork borer sharpener.

2 Likes

Thank you Lyn. I’m sure I’ve seen that used a few times.

1 Like

Indeed :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: Craig nailed it, well done! ( was it the grapes? :smile: )

Cork Bore Sharpener
Guess if one was to get heavy handed deburring :+1:

3 Likes

I can see the resemblance, tho can’t reall what it’s called either, A net mending shuttle or tool perhaps.
Good guess

Yay!! That was a good one :+1:t2: yes it was the grapes :grapes: and it made me think were I saw these tools. I guess my frequent tours to wineries finally came in handy for yet another thing. Now I have a great excuse :joy: I’m just glad I retained it :joy:

1 Like

Yet another life skill well learned and applied :partying_face: WTG :raised_hands:

1 Like

Exactly :joy: Happy Thanksgiving :turkey::plate_with_cutlery::wine_glass:

Hows it work?

Place the bore tool on the cone, Apply moderate pressure on the blade as you turn the bore shaving the camphor to a sharp edge.
The cork bore shown is about 3/4 in 19 mm Diameter. However because of the curve on the knifes edge it shaves the proper angle from 1/4 - 6.35mm to 1 in - 25.4mm or slightly larger.

1 Like