What modern "convenience" would you miss most?

A Smartphone!!! There is an app for everything you need in life.

1 Like

No electricity to charge your phone ? No problem!!! Everyone should own a hand crank smartphone charger :+1:t2:

1 Like

That was my thought on thisā€¦,a toilet. Life would be a lot more messy without one

1 Like

Nicely said, broā€¦

2 Likes

(I think that would merit many points!)

Had our microwave break a week ago, and just got a new once installed today. I had expected to hardly notice that it was missingā€¦ wrong on that front. It was surprise how often each day I would reach to open the door to re-heat a cup of coffee, or boil some water quickly, only to remember that the magic buttons had run out of fairy dust.

2 Likes

I may get arguments that itā€™s not a ā€œmodernā€ convenience, but I know for certain that my life would be completely different without my eyeglasses. Iā€™m sure that many of you have better vision than I do, but perhaps some know what Iā€™m talking about. I would literally be ā€œlostā€ without my glasses.

3 Likes

That is not always true bahia7. Here in Phoenix AZ every year we have 100 days over 100 degrees F. Last week we hit 117 F, and itā€™s still over 100 F at midnight. That said I would kill for a cold shower. Cold water runs HOT, scalding even for a minute or two, then it takes 15 minutes of wide open cold to get below 85 degrees if it will even get that cold.

1 Like

Thatā€™s very true, but the player I was responding to happens to live about an hour north of me and I know she wouldnā€™t have hot water without a heater :slight_smile:

1 Like

Indeed! :slight_smile: That would be moi!

1 Like

I donā€™t know how people survived without talcum powder, barbed wire, and snorkels. I know my life wouldnā€™t be the same!

3 Likes

:exploding_head: :rofl:

1 Like

Toenail clippers! Especially now that Iā€™ve gotten older and lost that ā€œ foot to mouth ā€œ flexibility I had as a baby, hahahahaha :joy:

2 Likes

It will get worse Craig, You will need someone to use the clippers lol. Thank the Lord for my Wife!!!
But I agree with Alan, we canā€™t live without water. I remember well used to run dry often. Was mixing concrete, well went dry during, saw a small cloud, prayed for rain and in 3 minutes the rain pored upon me long enough to keep mixing the concrete. Praise to the Lord

3 Likes

I am dancing with You Homer. I couldnā€™t see the cards without Glasses.

2 Likes

A cooler full of beer and a sink. Iā€™m good.

2 Likes

I also live a self sustaining life style. I have the compost toilet, solar energy, greenhouse, etcā€¦
I live on almost 1000 acres of mountain top. It is 1/2 mile to the end of my driveway. 40 minuets to the nearest stop sign/stop light. I have no cell phone, no TV, no credit cards. There isnā€™t even garbage pickup. 1/2 hour drive to the dump. My phone line went dead 2 days ago, so I went to go on the internet to tell someone at the phone company, and realized my internet was dead too. Thank goodness it went back on late last night or I would of had to drive an hour to find a pay phone!!! Has not always been easy since my husband was killed, but I wouldnā€™t want to live anywhere else. Amazingly beautiful, and incredible peace of mind.

5 Likes

my margarita mixer

2 Likes

Welcome t the Forums, rayziggy. Enjoy the community and good luck at the tables.

1 Like

Itā€™s obviously the internet. The ability to look up any information at your fingertips, or to communicate with anybody in the world at an instant. Itā€™s hard to imagine back to a time when we didnā€™t even have a computer in the house, let alone one in our pockets. It does have its drawbacks, but there is no way we could go back to a time before WWW,

2 Likes