What is the worst mistake in poker?

In a high-low game, the obviously high player betting into and raising the obviously low player. High player ONLY has potential for half the pot, whereas Low player already owns half the pot and can make
a winning high hand as well and take it all

2 Likes

Obviously the hi player betting and raising the obviously lo player as you call them probably has both as in A 2 3 4 5 . Thatā€™s No biggest mistake in poker and is quite common taking both hi and lo with that hand . Letā€™s make them all suited too just for fun :joy:

Probably the worst mistake in poker is to not take control of the betting given the pot odds, how many players are in the hand and your betting position. If you do it incorrectly you wonā€™t be able to maximize your winnings or minimize your losses.

2 Likes

Then that wouldnt be the obvious high hand I am talking about. When the guy with 3 or more face cards showing continues to bet into the guy with all low cards showing

The worst mistake in poker is thinking there is a single worst mistake.

11 Likes

And that would be your interpretation of the worst mistake in poker as the title of the thread asks ? Interesting :thinking:

2 Likes

The worst mistake in poker is thinking is that a game of luck and not skill

2 Likes

Playing while intoxicated ( false courage )ā€¦

3 Likes

But the pain of losing is so much less. lmao My mistake is folding the wins and playing the losses. I will keep working on it though. I just wanna have fun with friends.

3 Likes

After some reflection, Iā€™m changing my answer to thisā€¦

The worst mistake in poker is not finding and fixing your own worst mistakes.

10 Likes

Again, maybe not the worst mistake but, I think playing when you havenā€™t developed a sixth sense regarding what your opponents have in their hands based on how theyā€™ve bet and called.

2 Likes

Playing Scared

6 Likes

:rofl:

I cant keep my knees from shaking when you are sitting to my left Goat or maybe that is just your charismaā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

I think it kills the entire gameā€¦ :rofl:

1 Like

Absolutely Vicki :joy:

I agree. It is remarkable how many out of the tens of thousands of players on this site do not participate in any discussion on these forums with a view to improving their game.

But then they probably donā€™t want to improve their game. Especially at the lower levels, I think people just want to see a flop and get the adrenalin thrill of winning a pot when they flop a monster, and imagine themselves playing for pots of millions of dollars on television.

Certainly most players in tournaments just play their cards, and do not have any discernible strategy for winning a tournament.

7 Likes

Thinking that you have a straight KA234 and betting big, only to find out it does not work that way!

1 Like

Making the decision to call the all in and then moaning and crying when it dont work out for whatever reason

I donā€™t mind it. It means more chips/$$$ for us who study and improve in the long run!