I’m often modifying my default starting ranges for each seat, but assuming those are static, all of the following will cause me to modify those default ranges.
- lower rake relative to the blinds will cause me to expand the number of hands I play per seat, and begin to see me shift from a raise or fold only strategy in most seats, to limping or calling with somewhat more hands
- passive players behind me will see me expand my limp behind range, and sometimes open limp a few hands
- players that don’t 3 bet often will expand my raising range
- players that seem willing to commit all of their chips post flop with top pair or even worse will have me expanding my ranges
- similar to the point above, if I think a player is on tilt, I’m more interested in seeing a flop
- if I think I have a large post flop edge against most of the players likely to continue, I will expand my ranges
That said, 32 off suit is a hand that won’t usually make the cut, even with several factors expanding my ranges, especially from early position
Edit: and in all fairness, Craig’s point should be on my list, too, as that can definitely start to modify my ranges.