How to Play RP Poker!!!
Please!!! Offer you Best Poker Rules, Tips & Advice that have improved your game as a beginner. Consider it a Poker Life Hack!
It needs to be simple & easy to understand & implement.
The reason I’m starting this Topic is bc poker friends & players have offered basic poker “Rules, Tips & Advice” to revolutionise my game like a poker bread slicer. Most recently as follows:
Fairly recently a RP player said (you know who you are) that leads are often a sign of weakness. Maybe subconsciously I knew & understood this but to have it offered as a basic poker rule or philosophy was invaluable. It takes it from a subconscious/intuitive poker read, gut feeling to a more mathematical/probability insight & advantage that I can develop, strategize & implement.
OFC Rules were meant to be broken, but here are my favourites & most valuable:
- Don’t draw to a gut shot, inside straight draw (4 outs), open ended has double outs,8.
- Suited cards are overrated by noobs.
- Range: better cards beat worse cards more often - despite conspiracy.
- Cbet bc players rarely hit the flop so even when you miss your still probably ahead or fold out weak hands.
- Suited cards aren’t as good as they look.
- Aggression is very profitable. Noobs are often too passive.
- Poker Psychology: emotions dictate play 1000% Vs GTO & intelligent mathematical play in most recreational games but often even in high stakes pro games too.
- Slow Play.
- Check raise.
- Check to Aggressor.
- Board Texture: bet size, check or fold accordingly.
- Value bet & learn to check rivers & call bluffs.
- Play the Player: Adjust strategy (losse - aggressive) based on players.
- Learn to bluff.
I’ve noticed some players talk advanced, mathematical & deep strategy and yet fail to grasp some really simple ABC poker rules & concepts & philosophies.
Its easy to pause a game & consider optimal play street by street, but when the kids riot your time to act is short. I think poker philosophy & principles & exploitation will be much more profitable Vs confused GTO analysis.
Please share your insight. Leads are weak was super simple yet incredibly valuable & easy to understand & implement. I would consider leads to some extent a defensive bet. Thanks!!!