What does Bingo mean in poker

I was told that I played Bingo poker. Maybe, because I don’t know what that means. I thought that I could bet any way I wanted too.

Ya Been here few Years- good rank- Hope someone can guide You… Good cards n fun…

@BPuppyMonkey

It’s a style of playing where players go all in preflop repeatedly in continuous hands. Because basically for them it’s any two cards will win for them. Instead of relying on their poker playing skills.

At least this is my definition of Bingo players.

6 Likes

Bingo actually means any style that relies on pure luck instead of skill.

4 Likes

That’s why I don’t understand why they call it bingo when they should call it “ lucko “ .

4 Likes

Bingo (aka Lotto, from the Italian word for lottery) is a game that requires no skill whatsoever to play, so when the term is used as a descriptive phrase or metaphor, that is exactly what it means.

The word bingo! which is shouted out by a player who believes that he or she has won a prize originates from a slang term expressing joy at some unexpected outcome.

3 Likes

I think of that style of play as “Pin the Tail on the Donkey,” because they stick their chips into the middle, put on the blindfold, and try to blindly stick something, while the rest of the table wants to jam a sharp metal object into their backside.

4 Likes

Ahaha, ahaha, :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

So actually there is no definite answer on why the term is used in poker except for something derogatory?

It is only “derogatory” to players that can not adapt to other styles of play and exploit them b/c “a limp and pray player” is closer to a “bingo” player then anything else

1 Like

So will a bingo player call another bingo player that term ? Is it like an honorary club ? That a term you can you read about about in just about every other thread here. I don’t know much about it myself but I see it’s used widely

Bing

Sometimes a limp and pray player is forced to become a bingo player against a bully, if for no other reason than to put an end to preflop raises with marginal hole cards. So technically, it can be used as a short term strategy.

>> It’s a style of playing where players go all in preflop repeatedly in continuous hands. Because basically for them it’s any two cards will win for them. Instead of relying on their poker playing skills.<<

Yes, that’s how I define it.

I’ve seen players scream Bingo! when an opponent goes all in, or continually makes large early bets. That’s not bingo, that’s aggression—aka good poker.

Now, why it's called "bingo" --- I ain't sure.

Bingo is one of the few games that doesn’t have a skill component, so it’s natural to say a no-skill play style is “bingo.”

You could also call it “scratch-off lottery,” but bingo is easier.

1 Like

The term was originally called “Beano”. It was claimed that the new name was coined around mid-1920s in the US when one of the players accidentally yelled “Bingo!” instead of “Beano!” due to extreme excitement at the prospects of winning.

Beano !!! :rofl:

2 Likes

amen

1 Like

If I don’t like the style of play on a table I move to another table. Poker is a game of many strategies. A player needs to adjust to the table or move on. No one should think that they can tell someone how to bet. BINGODINGO.

1 Like

When you play MTT’s you don’t have the moving table option.

1 Like

The term is used differently by different players. The only thing that I get out of it is that there are crybabys that want to tell other poker players how to bet. That would anger me that my poker opponent would think that he could tell me how I should bet. Poker is a game of many strategies. Each player adjusts their game to win.

3 Likes