What do you wear to play poker online?

Back in the 90s, Mike Sexton showed up at the WSOP Main Event in a tuxedo. Lots of players have worn suits for it. But, those are live games, not online.

A year or so ago, as a joke I wrote a story about someone playing online poker in a bathrobe. But, the question keeps coming back to me: do players really do that? I mean it really is anonymous (other than our Player name unless we reveal it ourselves) and unseen, isn’t it? My usual uniform for online poker is exercise pants and a sweatshirt in cool months or T-shirt in warm months. Can you tell us what you’re wearing without embarrassing anyone? No pictures, please, just verbal descriptions.

2 Likes

I’m not in the game unless I’ve changed out of my pajamas and into my regular clothes–generally jeans or leggings and a t-shirt or sweatshirt depending on the weather. I even put on my earrings to play! It’s a luck-bringing ritual. :wink:

4 Likes

I either wear my lucky toga or cowboy hat and boots with my Spongebob Squarepants boxers and a Metallica tank top. On rare occasions, i will wear my Royal Canadian Mounted Police costume, which I have personalized by adding a large pink ostrich feather to the hat.

As Jan has pointed out, proper attire is very important!

6 Likes

I’ll usually wear jeans and a t-shirt during the day. Sometimes at night I’ll wear a t-shirt and pajama pants especially if it’s late at night.

For me it’s all about being comfortable especially I’m I’m playing an MTT that sometimes takes a few hours If I make it to the final table.

-Marc

3 Likes

Honestly, whatever I’m wearing when it’s time to play, that’s what I’ll wear. If that means nothing at all, then so be it.

2 Likes

Sometimes a smile,sometimes a frown (wink)

3 Likes

In the summer its Beachcomber shorts and a Los Angeles Dodgers Jersey, in the winter Levi
Jeans and a little warmer shirt , chuka boots.

2 Likes

No thought given to my wardrobe. To whatever I’m wearing, I simply strap on, wait for it, a guitar. Any one within reach will do.

1 Like

Old cargo shorts and flip flops, no top. I wear a grungy baseball cap since my computer is by a window facing southwest and the sun is fierce even with my curtains drawn. I live in a tropical country and it’s hot all the time. If somebody comes to the door I throw on a t-shirt. I frequently get up to look at the Caribbean out the window.

4 Likes

Tuxedo

1 Like

i lie to pretend i am james bond

3 Likes

I’ve been known to wear a toga. It makes me feel astute.

1 Like

My robe. Some mornings Flamingo7 and I get the whole table to get into robes!

2 Likes

BLUEDIME
…I ware anything comfortable, relaxing, socks on shoes off…a double shot of “Crown Royal”…“Sit n’ Go”, …lets go…Deal.

1 Like

dang need a tux?

nope pjs here

1 Like

a noose around my neck while wearing my I luv poker t-shirt

3 Likes

Welcome to the Forums, Zeno. Now, you can be crazy like the rest of us.

1 Like

**[quote=“Alan25main, post:1, topic:15414, full:true”]
Back in the 90s, Mike Sexton showed up at the WSOP Main Event in a tuxedo. Lots of players have worn suits for it. But, those are live games, not online.

A year or so ago, as a joke I wrote a story about someone playing online poker in a bathrobe. But, the question keeps coming back to me: do players really do that? I mean it really is anonymous (other than our Player name unless we reveal it ourselves) and unseen, isn’t it? My usual uniform for online poker is exercise pants and a sweatshirt in cool months or T-shirt in warm months. Can you tell us what you’re wearing without embarrassing anyone? No pictures, please, just verbal descriptions.
[/quote]

Sunglasses**

I wear Sunglasses and A Hoodie so nobody can see my face ! Doesn’t everyone ???

nothing like very comfortable clothes to sit down for an enjoyable game of poker…tee shirt, shorts, sweats if its cold outside, but let me start losing and I will empty out the closet until I find some combination that will change my luck

1 Like