What do you think of the 100k Freerolls?

Last night I hopped into a 7 Card Stud Hi/Lo Freeroll Tournament that had 150 players. I made it all the way to the top 25 where people start to get paid. Keep in mind this was hours later as 125 players got eliminated. You couldn’t even imagine my disappointment when I looked at how much I would win for 1st place and saw 10.7k! Said to myself what’s the point and closed the Tournament. In my opinion there are many ways to fix this issue. My favorite change would be there is no reason for a free roll to give the 25th place person 1k chips. I’d much rather the top payouts be more than pay 15th-25th place. Or go back to the 200k Freeroll tournaments. Let me know what you guys have to say on this topic!

[quote=“redignify, post:1, topic:34806”]
My favorite change would be there is no reason for a free roll to give the 25th place person 1k chips. I’d much rather the top payouts be more than pay 15th-25th pl

Well, this paid 48 places when first came out and if I remember correctly 48th paid 600 something and most games lasted 3 hours or more. Love 7stud hi/lo but haven’t been back.

If it’s free and someone won 1K that’s a really nice profit margin for no chip risk. I can’t believe you folded on a free chip tournament.

2 Likes

You’d make more profit by just logging in daily… You really don’t feel you should be a little more rewarded after a 2 hour tournament outlasting more than 125 players?

It’s a freeroll. Did you know you can look at the payouts before you register to play ? Yeah, that’s what I thought. Now you know.

2 Likes

I don’t think you can see the payouts in MTT’s & Sit & Go’s before you register because I think the payouts only show after the games have started.

The thread is about tournament Freerolls. In freerolls you can click on the tournament lobby before it starts and before you register to see the payouts.

1 Like

Thanks, I just tried it and you’re correct.

2 Likes

You’re welcome.

1 Like

I’m here to play poker, not amass free chips. I stay out of the freerolls not because they don’t pay much but because I don’t care for the reckless players you see in freerolls. They serve their purpose and when I started on this site, I played a few of them to build my chip stack a little more quickly so I could move to higher stakes without buying chips.

2 Likes

For me once I started building a decent bankroll, Freerolls are a good opportunity to get a little experience playing games I don’t normally play. 7 card stud hi/low or omaha hi/lo took me a little getting used to especially in a tournament setting. But I hear you after playing well for 2 hours and getting 1K out of it can a little frustrating but it is what it is.

3 Likes

“It is what it is” :+1:t2:

1 Like

I have to disagree. I like the 100K stud freerolls. I would rather win a small prize than a big prize once in a blue moon. The present prize structure has multiple bubbles. One at 25, another at 20 and then a big bubble at 8. This adds a lot to my enjoyment.

3 Likes

I enjoy playing Freerolls to try out my different strategies after all, they are Freerolls.

My current one is since I’m finding being at or close to the top of the Leaderboards which becomes tiresome and boring in many games, I intentionally call a hand (just to see if my hunches are correct). I usually do this when only half the field is remaining. This will usually drop me down in the ranking and then I try to see how many times I can climb back up the Leaderboard ladder.

A number of times I’m unable to recover but so far, my record is 3. I’ve gone from last place to the final table several times.

I think you always need to develop a strategy when you are short stacked.

The chip prizes in these games usually don’t really matter to me but the tickets do.

2 Likes

I think they should be offered more frequently.