What do you think about

Trust me Yiaz, I do understand your side… and yeah you will pick up a few pots here & there… thats not what I was trying to get you to consider… Obviously if your the 1st to act, you should stay as long as you can, but on the river… if you don’t fold to the check, you might have to show your hand, if everyone checks behind you… So if you don’t want your hand exposed, you must fold.

Now Yiaz, thats just the easy one… lets say you got some yahoo at the table pushing certain ppl around depending on thier play…In that case, they can’t push around a player thats already outta the hand… or , sometimes I fold to a check just so I’m not tempted to put any more chips into the pot on a later street…

The one thats wierd is, trying to effect table play by folding to that check sometimes… if 3 ppl are left and player C folds so that player A bullies player B off the hand… if the goal was, player B doesn’t win hand, then its a strategic win… player C is using player A’s chipstack against player B without risking any of thier chips in the process…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I won’t go into all the different ways I can think of, but maybe you might consider it a valid play, rather than just a dumb move…

i can say that i understand your part too, and you also have some good valid points, also haven’t thought about that last example you gave and indeed it can be a good one in the right cirumstance.

just wanna specify one thing to make the muck/show point more clear: as u said when you’re first to show you give information away. but in general when you hold a hand that’s so horrible you have to play the board you were very most likely in the SB or BB and able to check. or you are a bad player who limped in rags when not in the BB or SB. in the last example you already have done much worse then choosing to fold or check. in the more valid first example it means you have checked it all the way to the river. which means they already know you hold a poor hand and that you played it by checking all the way. if you fold now they in fact already know just as much as when you showed the hand. imagine yourself seeing one othter person checking all the way to the river and now fold. i don’t see you thinking, hmmm maybe he had aces, maybe he had second pair, maybe he slowplayed the nuts and his hand weakened. i think you think it’s obvious he had complete trash and didn’t got anything. which means you know everything already, and if he missed with 37o or 42s doesn’t really matter since this would play out the same anyway.

but besides of all this i can also say that you defenitely know valid reasons to play like this.
but i know also that probably more then 90% who play like this only look at this and think “i completely missed, why bother trying if i don’t have a hand anyway, so i fold”.
because of my earlier example i think the muck/show reason can be right but just extremely rarely. but since you are a smart player i think you often know well when to/not to do this. but i do also know that teh thought process of the very most people who do this is just very wrong, which is why i think it’s far better not to do this then trying and be wrong, i have seen much more people thinking it’s ok to fold on the flop when missed then i have seen ppl like u who think it through well before considering.

long story short: i think when the thought process is going well it might be ok to use this sometimes. but i do also think that the circumstances where this is good are much more rare then people who use this think. and it’s much better to check/check wrong then check/fold wrong.

Lets agree to agree Yiaz… 51%+++ of the time you don’t fold to a check… the other 49% well, lets just say it may be adventagous to do so… “bad form” , I won’t go that far …

fair enough then :slight_smile:

Awwww, group hug :hugs:

1 Like

1 Like

Oh , damn lol

1 Like

what, no? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy:

1 Like

A little lipstick :lipstick: wouldn’t hurt hahahahaha, hahahahaha

1 Like

better?

1 Like

So that’s the person you were talking about in the other thread about standing near your bed ?

I’m telling Sharon lol :joy:

2 Likes

hahaha, now i’m dissapointed. always thinking sharon was standing there.
or is this her? hmmm, not what i expected :joy:

2 Likes

Hahahahaha, that was great :+1:t2: lol

2 Likes

i think it is not fair when replay setup the game too much . play in table everybody have chance to win so dont setup if u want people buy some chip from u then u need to create the membership that way replay not invove to the game .
i got piss off too much when replay do that ,

I was playing in a live tournament the other day and a guy folded to a check and the guy sitting next to me said that was against the rules (fold to non aggression) so I read the Tournament Director’s rules and it can be interpreted as collusion…(with another player, not the Russians)

Hahahaha, it’s all Trumps fault.

Yes it can be interpreted as collusion. Must have been a pencil neck pit boss there !!!