What "around home" chore do you most HATE?

Everyone has necessary chores that must be done or life grinds to a halt. Disposing of trash/garbage, for example. Here in central MA, some chores are seasonal, like shoveling snow in winter to clear sidewalks and driveways, or mowing lawns in spring and summer. The one I find most irritating comes in our most beautiful season, Autumn. I hate raking leaves (or blowing them with a leaf blower).

I have a small lot, only about 7500 square feet, but I’m surrounded by trees. My land is also slightly lower than my neighbors’ lots, so guess where all their leaves go. Yeah, right into my yard. Between the last five days, I’ve blown or raked leaves at least 90 minutes daily. Considering virtually all the leaves were still on the trees as of 30 October, you might wonder how many I could have.

I’ve maneuvered them all into a single pile. That pile is about 12 feet long by 8 feet wide and 4 feet high. And, so help me, about half of them are still on the trees. They seem to be falling faster this year than normally, but there’s no end in sight. I’ve exhausted my vast knowledge of profanities cursing them.

What household chores irritate you the most?

3 Likes

PAINT…I will build, clean, scrape ,shovel, sweep, scrounge, mow, cook, and wash, but please do not make me paint!!!

2 Likes

Cleaning out the refrigerator is by far the most repulsing and challenging for me

Hahaha, my sentiments exactly!!! That’s why they make painters I always say, to paint for you.

1 Like

Shoveling snow, it’s not bad the first snow of the season, but by spring, I’d rather go to the dentist.

Dusting! I have a theory that when the dust reaches two centimetres it never gets any worse, so why waste your energy as it is back the next day…:heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

I’m kind of shocked that no one has mentioned cleaning the bathrooms!!! It was the one household chore my husband always volunteered to do. Now that it is my chore, it would definitely top my list.

2 Likes

Supervising and inspecting my GF’s cooking, cleaning, and laundry activities. I would rather not do this, but as they say, “If you want something done right, you have to supervise it yourself!”

1 Like

Dusting. Everything else is Sara Lee Coffecake.

:exploding_head:

Soul Sistah!

1 Like

I don’t complain about cleaning bathrooms because my husband does this chore. Here’s the secret to getting that arrangement in your own home: Spill drops of toilet cleaner on your ceramic tile around the head. Make sure it etches and discolors the tile. You will be “forbidden” from every cleaning the bathroom again. (It’s known as “learned helplessness.”)

4 Likes