What are you listening to now?

no instruments WOW

3 Likes

Yeah, Pentatonix is amazing. Did you know that Kevin Olusola is quite an accomplished cello player?

2 Likes

do you think you can tell?

3 Likes
4 Likes

Amazing the music these 2 can make without any backup.

2 Likes

Agreed! Very much looking forward to their new album later this month, and subsequent tour.

2 Likes

such a lovely place:)

1 Like

Probably the best Yiddish rappers out there, make some noise for 50 Shekels!!

RIP
“invented” surf music
Tribute

1 Like

I do believe that is a young Dave Grohl (Nirvana and now Foo Fighters) on the drums.

not sure who it is, nor the bass player.

2 Likes

I greatly admire the story-telling ability of Giuseppe Verdi. Perhaps his finest opera (in my opinion) was Il Trovatore (The Troubadour). Although the “main” story is about the title character, Manrico the Troubadour, the “real” story was about his mother, the crazy woman, Azucena.

As a much younger woman and recent mother, Azucena watched in horror as her own mother was burned at the stake for being a witch. As she dies, her mother cries out for vengeance. The clip starts with the Anvil Chorus of Gypsies at work.

Azucena tells the now full grown Manrico how she gets her revenge by stealing the very young son of the Count D’Luna who had ordered the old woman’s burning. Azucena takes the babe into the forest along with her own child. She builds a roaring fire. Her mother’s ghost calls again for revenge. Azucena throws the child into the flames. Too late, she realizes she has thrown her own child into the fire by accident. That guilt is what has driven her crazy.

The amazing singing of contralto Dolora Zajick is performed in Italian, the projected lyrics seem to be in French. This is why it is referred to as “big opera.”

2 Likes

Great post. Thanks. I love the short context to know whats happening around this music.

2 Likes

Probably one of the best Mongolian throat singers out there

1 Like

Probably the best biker rendition of Black Sabbath on a classic Hello Kitty mini guitar

3 Likes

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Probably one of the best songs by a machine that spits balls at stuff

2 Likes

Probably one of the best robot bands out there, this is real heavy metal!

1 Like

Probably the best 3-string shovel player in the world

1 Like