Well, I have decided to help you players

Today I reached 1/2 billion chips. I had previously withheld my knowledge because I believed it would be used against me. Now I am willing to help because I have enough chips.

Your first lesson in this poker tutorial is opening hands…you need to use the internet or a poker book and learn (memorize) appropriate opening hands for your position at the table.

More lessons later…do your homework.

2 Likes

It took me a while to learn the importance of position. :slight_smile:
Well played,county29–givin’ back to the peeps!

2 Likes

Position was the last basic ABC poker lesson I learnt, and it took a lot of effort to constantly remind myself:

Position!!!
Position!!!
Position!!!

1 Like

2 Likes

G thanks

1 Like

Golden!

1 Like

Totally. It will significantly change your stack if you do not practice and in a real game with crowds and pressure it is valuable you will not shut them out…

what i’m working on now is always being aware of my opponent’s position, and how that affects their hand.

1 Like

Time for tutorial number 2

Take a deck of cards and lay out 3. This is the flop. Now look at the cards and say, out loud that you see.

Flush draw, possible flush, straight draw, possible straight and so on…repeat until you are comfortable that you are seeing what is there ( At least several hundred times)

2 Likes

I wasn’t expecting a ground breaking master class like: “everything you do at the poker table conveys information… oooooohhhhhooooowwwwwww…”

I was expecting or hoping for a little more than: “Go study how to play poker.” Seems to be the lessons here tho?

1 Like

Yes…the play on here is not very good so I am starting with the basics.

But, I expect the class to put some effort in… I am not going to spoon feed this stuff. Do the work or don’t.

3 Likes

Tell us please, county29, will the class meet once a month, once a week or when you hit your next 1/2 billion chips?
Will there be homework?
Will credits here count toward my AA in statistics?
Will I lose credits for being the class cut-up? shrug-smiley

2 Likes

@county29

If some one could come up with a snap version of this it would be great.

The quicker you can analyse the board, analyse your hand, and analyse the risk reward of opponents the quicker we can act in the best & most profitable way but more importantly it sounds fun!!!

It would be a fun poker learning game IMO.