Was wäre in diesem Fall das beste? 'What would be best in this case?'

Was soll ich tun, wenn ein anderer Spieler versucht mich durch zeitverzögerung oder fiese Beleidigungen zu einem Fehler zu zwingen ? Soll ich so einen Spieler melden oder einfach ignorieren als wäre nichts gewesen ?

Translation
What should I do if another player tries to force me to make a mistake with a time delay or nasty insults? Should I report such a player or just ignore it like nothing happened?

3 Likes

Report !

You actually have to text a moderator who is on duty at the time so they can come to the table immediately and see. The list of moderators on duty is at the bottom of the home page.

2 Likes

Ty Craig saved me some typing. I also suggest Mutus also friend 2 or 3 or all Moderators then no one has to look for a Moderator.

3 Likes

My pleasure brother
Semper Fidelis!

I like the friending a few moderators, nice shortcut :+1:t2:

2 Likes

My suggestion? As to the time thing, play that game right along with them - it will annoy the crap out of them.

As to the insults, even though I quite often enjoy a battle of wits with an unarmed man (perhaps a little more than I should - I think I’ll bring that up with one of my therapists this week), the best solution is to totally ignore them - put the chat on mute if you must - but ignore them. Nothing a bully hates worse than being ignored.

2 Likes

vielen Dank für Ihre Antwort. Ich werde mich bei Gelegenheit an Ihren Vorschlag erinnern.
Translation
Thank you for your response. I will remember your suggestion when I get a chance.

1 Like

You could also employ your mute idea in another way and that is muting the offending player immediately without closing down your own texting ability…

Report the player,

1 Like

It is nice to be humble, But in some cases it is good to report the player to Staff so the issues can be dealt with. It is good to play poker in a nice atmosphere with out nasty insults and burning out the clock every hand. It is very annoying and makes the game very unpleasant. In hope that you get this issue cleared up. Good luck at the tables…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be better and more convenient to just jot down the Hand Number(s) and report it to Staff for their review? Since the insults are in the Chat, it should still be there on review. The time delays will also be observed in the replay.

@Aussteiger can find the Hand Number(s) in their History under their Profile page. If you’re frequently bothered by another player’s slow play, just keep the View Latest Hands in the Profile page open in another Tab for quick reference.

Btw, I think it’s best to just ignore the delays and insults by another player. If you are receiving a lot of insults when you play, you may want to see why they are doing it.

1 Like

No because the offending player would remain at the table. Staff doesn’t work 24/7 that is why we have volunteer moderators on duty 24/7 to deal with problems as they happen.

That’s just catering to their delinquency and the moderators want to know these things.

Also asking a player why they are being ignorant is just adding fuel to the fire. It’s not our job to play moderator or therapists.

Report!!!

1 Like

Much easier to mute them IMMEDIATELY, go on undisturbed and report them later…

2 Likes

Report immediately! This is what Replay asks . Reporting later only lets them get to another table and continue.

1 Like

Okay Craig. Reporting immediately I guess is ok but it takes your attention from the game. I STILL think MUTING IMMEDIATLY is the 1st step…

Yesterday I saw many bad words on a table, not to me. I remembered then to what I read here. I looked then to the list of Moderators online. It showed 2 Mods are online, but only one had the yellow font. And this one played in this moment in mid of a freeroll. It looks not good there can happen something fast.

2 Likes

Players can have different preferences, it really doesn’t matter to me what a person does on reporting, I respect your procedure but I’m going to stick with protocol.

Poki, as soon as you report a problem to a moderator no matter if they are in a game or not they will leave the table to try and fix the problem. That is the job.

1 Like

Poki65 when I am playing a hand I will go to the table take screen shots of the conversations then take care of it after the hand is over and no one knows I am on the table.

3 Likes

Stealth mode, in the weeds , waiting, watching.

Semper Fidelis Doc :+1:t2:

1 Like

Semper Fi Craig

2 Likes