Waiting at the Table

Nothing really new here, but…

• I also take extensive notes while waiting on pre-flop frequencies by position
  • when I’m not in the mood to take a lot of notes, I’m usually multi-tabling, which for me also seems to make it easier to be a little more disciplined about what hands I’m not just throwing away pre-flop
1 Like

I play Rummikub. :grin:

1 Like

I too have been a victim of not hearing the tone to start the game even tho I have my settings set to high. I got so frustrated I went to Best Buy and bought a USB sound bar to clip to the top of my laptop. Now it scares me lol :joy: Best $25 I ever spent :+1:t2:

1 Like

Clever solution. I need to look into this option.

1 Like

It looks almost like this one Jan.

1 Like

well for me i know when the game starts.i dont need a sound

1 Like

I think the only time it’s a problem for me is when I’m waiting for a Sit-n-Go to fill up. That can happen quickly or it can take a long time. I tend to forget I’m even registered (like I forget everything else that happened 30 seconds ago or more).

3 Likes

Jan, it isn’t that older players like me are forgetful, it’s that we have so much more to remember. When you get here, you’ll see.

Teehee! I’ll make a note to let you know if that’s my experience two decades from now when I’m old. hahhahahaah!

1 Like

My identical play last week.

1 Like

Most people don’t make notes on opponents because they can’t type…

Perhaps a system of check boxes could be developed to help them categorize opponents who have ‘left a mark on them’ (LOL?? :>)) ) …

Maybe even a typing course here they could pay for… I learned a long time ago - it was a present from a ‘rich uncle’, lol, and it changed my life…

I got real good jobs, because I could type, that made a good difference in the selection process - especially in at least one case if not two…

A note from me to anyone who can’t type without looking at the keys - fix that - Bite the bullet, take the course - get a manual typewriter and practice 'til the cows come home… lol…

You just might be amazed at the difference it could make in your life - not just here…

1 Like

That’s no doubt true–about typing. I have taken full advantage of my ability to type very fast and to be an early adopter of word processing. While many of my colleagues had to write their reports by hand and find a secretary to type them up, I could whip mine out on computer, edit, print, and beat everyone to the table! Who knew that would be a skill that could also be helpful in poker?!

2 Likes

Lol :joy: who knew :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

all respect to every one reading each note replay and answering the topic . okay first i got to give respect to Facebook teaching about playing the sit and go my favorite game a tournament just like the rebuilder
games here . well i learn to play this tournament on Facebook but right now a girl i knew deleted my Facebook account and i never look back on Facebook scents ’ now you may ask what the topic has to do with playing poker on Facebook ? it has every thing to do with playing sit and go tournaments
same rules apply it is not how fast you can win the game it is who can get to the finale table of the game then you can win the game ’ so what is the moral of the story ? you may ask how to get to the finale table ? as the topic said waiting at the table so that end my conclusion thanks for the opportunity
peace out .
tenor

1 Like

Truth indeed, mcgeary22! If you can wait, you can win, right?

1 Like

That’s assuming you have M&Ms left

2 Likes

True words lol :joy:

1 Like

yes you are so right

1 Like