Underappreciated singers and their songs

I’ve come across this notice at youtube several times. I recall that the double lp of what was a Doors greatest hits album up to that time, Called Weird Scenes Inside The Goldmine, disappeared for years. My neighbor in AZ about fifteen years ago was asking me about why he couldn’t find a copy. It’s the lawyer thingee.

I heard this song over whatever small radio station from flyover country a few times over the course of a few weeks while in hs about 1975 and then never heard it again. A few years later I saw the song title on an album called Midnight Cafe by an English band called Smokie. I ended up buying their following two albums. If you’ve never heard of them you have probably heard the only song that was a hit in the US, Living Next Door To Alice. Although the lead singer from that era, Chris Norman, had a hit with Susie Quatro called Stumblin’ In. They were very popular in Europe with many hits. Looking through the comments section at youtube I see that they are very popular in Russia–even today. I wish they had gotten more airplay from those three albums (1975-1978) of their heyday.

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

I 've always believed ‘You’re So Vain’ is about Mick Jagger who, if you listen carefully, you hear singing some of the background vocal.
Great song anyway.

1 Like

Mike Smith 1943-2008
My vote here goes to Mike Smith of the Dave Clark Five
He wrote and sang many of their popular songs and later worked as a producer and songwriter. Great singer.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

Ah, yes… The song about what kinds of hands I get whenever I play a tournament on Thanksgiving (garbage…)

1 Like
4 Likes
3 Likes