Two Opposing Thoughts in One MInd

I have a theory that this ability is developed by playing poker. Am I correct?

6 Likes

A part of me thinks that you are correct, and part of me thinks you aren’t.

7 Likes

My feelings tend towards your belief but my intellect doubts the veracity of the claim

Regards,
TA

2 Likes

To raise or not to raise :thinking:

1 Like

Ask Pixel, he was Schrodinger’s cat. He’ll be able to give you the definitive answer.

6 Likes

Frankly, to me a test of the ability to hold two ideas in one mind meant trying to entertain two pre-school children, have an intelligent discussion with an elderly grandparent while making an interesting meal for my husband and still have the ability to function,makes today’s poker decisions seem like a piece of cake , :cake:

7 Likes

Talk about multi, multitasking lol :joy:
Bravo :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

Well, Pixel did manage to be both alive and dead at the same time, so yeah, he would probably know.

2 Likes

I started playing poker for the first time ever in 2013. The two opposing thoughts in my mind were both very strong: “I’ve got this hand! I’m going to win it!!” and “I’m going to lose this hand! I just know it!!” My anxiety was sky high. Slowly over the years I have learned to recognize both are possibilities, but I’ve improved my insight about probabilities (nothing memorized, however, because memory is broken) and now I can hold these same two opposing thoughts without losing my mind. Hence, my question in this thread. I have conquered the opposing thoughts with Zen!Poker Mind

4 Likes

I don’t think it something that is difficult to learn…every polititian I have ever talked to has mastered the art.

4 Likes

K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid! So with single minded determination, I’ll just blame anything bad that happens on the tables on…somebody else, while taking full credit for anything good that happens! No two minds about it! :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

Ain’t that the truth.
Ain’t that a cryin’ shame!

2 Likes

“Pro and con are opposites, that fact is clearly seen.
If progress means to move forward, then what does congress mean?”
Nipsey Russell

2 Likes

:face_with_head_bandage: :rofl:

Very Orwellian – doublethink

2 Likes

Welcome to the Replay Poker Forum, CorneliaMarie. Come back often, and good luck at the tables!

2 Likes

after discerning two paths, one must choose the “correct” one…aye that’s a rub, if not The rub.

1 Like

F. Scott Fitzgerald presumably believed that novelists were the kind of people who had first-rate intelligence and could write about characters who represented opposite poles without taking sides.

I do not know whether playing poker helped him develop this skill. Maybe.

2 Likes

just bluf

2 Likes

Sounds like good advice, and fits the KISS model–Keep It Simple Stoopid. lol (Not calling you stupid, it’s just what KISS stands for.) Welcome to the Replay Poker Forums, dishMUTED. Come often and good luck at the tables.