TV Nostalgia

How about Sing Along With Mitch,The Dean Martin Show and can’t leave out Carson :slight_smile:
My wife said to include Queen for a Day since this is a poker site lol
Nic

1 Like

Cincinnati kid

1 Like

yw, hope u like it :grin:

very nice to hear you have seen them all :grin:. don’t know of much people that have even heard of V, so imagine watching it.
nice that you even watched the old version. i have watched it as well and also liked it, might be less then the remake imo but for a 37 year old show it great. not sure if you’re aware but the old V also has a season after the final battle, but be fun to watch if you didn’t know. as for the 2009 version, you probably know but it has two seasons, had to mention just in case :slight_smile:.

as for the anime, if you ever find the time to watch it then try starting with death note, i promise its worth it.

death note is about a supernatural notebook in which you can write someones name to kill the person, usually with a heart attack. so the protagonist wants to make the world a beter place by getting rid of all the criminals in the world, but also the people trying to get him. also the best detective in the world works with the police to find “kira” in order to arrest him. so each of them need to find out the identity of the other without knowing anything of them. so what it makes it so great is the psychological warfare between the two very smart main characters. i recommended it to a few people that don’t even watch anime and even they liked it.

as for sword art online, it’s about a futuristic mmorpg (game genre) which the main character plays, on the day of the release they find that the logout button is missing and the developer mentions this was done on purpose and they can only leave by clearing the game, and dying in game means dying irl as well. i recommend to start with death note first because of the reasons mentioned above, but if this story appeals to you (much) more then this one is great as well. have to add however the opinions are a bit more varied here, don’t know of anyone that ever mentioned not to like death note, but sao usually has varied reactions, you usually either love it or don’t like it at all

edit: just in case if you (or anyone else) likes to watch them, there is a free anime site where you can watch it without paying even 1 ct
death note dub
death note sub
sword art online S1 dub
sword art online S1 sub

2 Likes

My fav Eastwood western is High Plains Drifter but I can def get down with some The Good The Bad and The Ugly… great movie!

2 Likes

The Wild Wild West, Andy Griffith, Monty Python’s Flying Circus, Adam-12, Seinfeld, Bugs Bunny, Don Kirshners Rock Concert, National Geographic Specials, Wild Kingdom, Steve Irwin’s shows, The Twilight Zone, Hogan’s Heroes, 24.

1 Like

The Elephant Show, The Friendly Giant, The Dukes of Hazzard, The Simpsons, Jeopardy!, America’s Funniest Home Videos (used to watch with my family many Sunday nights), The French Prince of Bel-Air, ABC’s original TGIF TV programming block, sports programming (mostly baseball and hockey), Hockey Night in Canada, Saturday Night Live, Late Night with Conan O’Brien, South Park, Law & Order: SVU, Trailer Park Boys, Corner Gas, The Office, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, poker, football.

1 Like

Hi all I’m a first timer on the forum a little bit unsure what its all about and I hope I can get some comments back with a little encouragement for me to keep going. I love meeting people and would love to hear from anyone to get more confidence in this forum way of doing things. This subject of shows watched and enjoyed I love I watch a lot of different shows and some of them are Chicago pd Chicago fire alaska the last frontier American pickers bates motel silent witness deadliest catch all documentaries.

1 Like

Welcome alan. There’s a lot of craziness, but also a lot of fun here. Enjoy!

Lots of fun on this forum! You can join topics and also start topics, too. Glad you stepped in! Thanks for the TV show list. Great choices!

Haven’t seen any mention of the six-season TV show “Justified.” This one is second only to “Breaking Bad” for compulsive binge-watchability. (Too early for nostalgia category? Don’t much care.)

1 Like

Callan was the grittiest program on tv. Lonely was the best and single light bulb the cheapest intro prop ever. Who would do it? Edward Woodward would would.

2 Likes