Trick Question

We have quite a few players who write in for hand clarifications on a daily basis, so we thought it might be fun to have some trivia questions that help people out with the understanding of rules on our Facebook page. While that’s the target, I really love that there’s a higher level of discussion happening here. Maybe I should run a separate contest here with room for more nuanced results. :wink:

3 Likes

If any player other than these has 8d and 9d will win

Since D insinuates that it’s between “all three players” one must assume there are no other players.If that is true and it is at showdown then C wins with the straight flush,given the info provided. Sometimes,as Siggy Freud once said, “a cigar is just a cigar”.

Thats correct but C will not play till showdown as A will not fold in any case

You’re assuming it’s a real cash game and that C is a rational person. But this being RP(no knock on RP), C is playing with free chips knowing he/she can re-up tomorrow,win,lose or draw. “Sometimes a cigar is just an all in,chase it to the river moron” – Finn007.

Obviously, like most mistakes in life, Siggy’s ego got in his way. His one time friend “Ju Ju” Jung clearly understood the collective consciousness that we all tap into. The mere amount of responses here seem to dictate there are many ways to see what we see. We haven’t even explored the varying tells that each player may have that impacted the hand. ))

Scratch

1 Like

It is my understanding that “Ju Ju” was tapping into more than just our collective consciousness.

2 Likes

LOL

Hahahahahaha :wink:

Sarah - you absolutely rock but your scenario doesn’t work out even following the most basic ABC poker. Without going too deep in the weeds on this one, it makes no sense.

1. A player who would be pot committed just for seeing the flop would have just shoved the small pair in the first place. Being effectively all-in without actually being all-in is just too horrid a play to consider as “plausible”

2. The K’s would not be slowed down with that flop by someone representing an A because he holds the key card, Kd. In fact, any bet would almost certainly induce a large raise by the K’s to fold out almost every other possible hand, up to a set. Unless already all-in, at least 1 of the other players would certainly muck their hand.

3. No matter what order you put these players in, it would be hard for all of them to even see a flop, never mind a turn or river unless they were all-in pre-flop. You would have to assume Player A is a tight-passive, Player B is drunk and Player C is out of his meds :slight_smile:

Still, you win my vote so far for best explanation.

Blame Scratch for starting this! :slight_smile:

Sadly, this is something a lot of us enjoy doing. I doubt anyone is taking this seriously - we’re just having fun trying to reconstruct the events that could have led to this showdown. In fact, I think it would be awesome to create other scenarios like this one and have contests for best explanation for how the hand played out to that point.

Player C would win with the straight flush,

All I did was make my part of the movie and jumped in. Now I can’t get out. It reminds me of Karmakona:

1 Like

Player C would win cause on Replay everyone calls everything… I know this because I have lists and get headaches from rolling my eyes so often.

1 Like

Hahahahahahaha @Scratch, @1Warlock and @Sharon

You should share your list with Santa Claus so they get more (ie,a sh*t load of coal in their stocking) than just an eye roll. And I’m sure Poker Santa would stuff your sock with plenty of Aspirin for confirming his naughty list. Win-Win.

Sounds like a plan…lol

Trust me Warlock,
I’m gonna get really un-sober, and I’ll lead you further down the path …
Let me leave a few nuggets now… Table presence alone can get players with strong hands to “freeze” or try and sloplay certain hands if manipulated correctly. Chipstacks, really … ohh com’on… Hand baggage…

:rolling_eyes: Sharon, say it isn’t so, not the eye-roll …lol, :innocent:

lol… I just have no control over it , it just happens when I see something stupid.:laughing:

Let me set the table… running order is Z, B, Y, X, C, W, A, U, V …
Player U is SB , player V is BB … player B- 18,987 , player C- 6,874 , player A- 13,005
Player B(22) is irratic, has showed the stone cold bluff, has won 4 of last 11 with the nuts.
Player C(33) its tight-passive and hasn’t seen a playable hand in 20 hands…
Player A(KK) lost 2 of those to B, and is itch’n to get his chips back…

As said before… preflop, 22 bets out ( 4,420 ) and gets called by 33 & KK.
33 wants to play a hand, and KK wants to burn 22 and get his stack back.

Flop hits, while there are 2 other callers, Z is out and 22 is 1st to act…
so 22 bets out repp’n the Ace/better … another ( 4,420 )… 33 is both pot commited, but priced in… so duhhh calls all in…2 ppl fold, but KK calls the bet… weary of the Ace, knowing he has the flush blocker…

Turn makes both the flush… 22 has been leading out, and believes he is still ahead in the hand, but is now worried there’s another flush out there, let alone the str-flu… so fires that 3rd bullet ( 1,420 )… 33 is just along for the ride… KK thinks about it… decides just to call, then extract the rest on the river… assuming it doesn’t get any worse…

The River puts 4 to the str-flu on the board, openended … pretty much screws everyone except for 33 … 22 uses the whole timer then checks, KK is piss’d, cause he keeps somehow gett’n burnt on the river. So yes, he checks behind and see’s the bad news…

Now Warlock, You said “plausable” not “probable”… will those 3 hands survive to showdown, without all 3 all in preflop… well yeah it can happen, I’ve seen stranger things… I can see @least 1 more senario where this occurs and isn’t all in preflop… We all know poker is about a “story”, and the story I just told could happen as described…