Tournament percentage in the money?

What is a good percentage to be in the money?

1 Like

Percentage of what to be in the money ?

Yes

1 Like

I am as confused as you Craig.

1 Like

I can’t help this guy with one word answers

Sounds as if you are referring to your Statistics Page of Pots Won?

I don’t think there is an ideal %. I personally think you have to consider Pots Won % in relation to the number of hands played but that’s just my opinion.

1 Like

example If you play a tournament and it pays the top 15 places, what would you consider a good percentage of placing (top 15) in the tournaments you play? You play 20 tournaments, would a good player place in half of them?

@slumlord22

Regarding Tournaments, go to the Promotions Page and scroll down to Regular Leaderboards and select one of the types of Tournaments which will show your standing in those types of Tournaments.

It’s not exactly what you are asking but I think it gives you an idea of your standing by Tournament Points compared to ther total number of players participating in those types of Tournaments.

1 Like

If your in the 1-10% range, depending on the buy in, you might be breaking even, but probably not. Say to yourself to consider playing as a fun thing to do, a recreational outcome… If your in the 11-14% that’s probably a break even…specifically depending on your place in the finish…but you aint making a living unless your at #1 or #2… At 15-18% you can say that you are in the poverty scale of wages if you went so called pro, again depending on your final position… The real percentage to seek out is 20%. One out of every 5 in the money… but again, your still not getting rich but it might be livable… When you achieve more than 25%…your a pro as it is, you’ll make it a living… at anything above 25-35% your going to earn wages playing poker that will be a livable wage and have something left over… If any one of the so called wins is at a big money table…winning the top 3 spots…from any percentage…especially number 1… your life and life style can change…if you don’t blow it chasing bad beats and second best hands… Nobody I know hits above 35% in tournament play with more than say 100 players consistently. Nobody can sustain 35% win rate In the money in todays age. Look at the old pros… Doyle Brunson(RIP) for example…played for decades… only got like 10 titles. He made it to 89 years old… played conservatively 70 years…50 of them pro… that’s only about a 14% win rate…for 1st prize… Doyle cashed in like 37 tournaments but played in likely in 400. Most of his 10 wins came early in life…not later. That’s less than 10% overall… HIs last 1st place win was in 2005. Those 1st place prizes…kept him around for years as a contender. Phil Helmuth is a tad better… and he is still younger and alive while Doyle isn’t…I didn’t look Phil-'s stats up, but I’m confident Phil isn’t higher than 30% right now overall.

1 Like

Took the time to figure out some of my tournament %'s for the year.
Out of 478 tourneys, I’ve won 1.7%, took 2nd 3.1%, 3rd 4.8% and a fantastic 5.9% winding up on the bubble, lol.

If you are referring to a Replay MTT, assuming there are 30 players for example the top 5 are in the money/chips. My least loved subject in school was math. lol. but I would say 6% as a guess

Supposedly there is a Chrome App that can calculate that for you; however, it didn’t go all the way back to the beginning of my history so I only got a snippet. For that ~ 2-year snippet, I was just over 30%. I guess that is pretty good but have nothing to compare it to.

Replay has a formula for setting the positions that make the money: 3 less than 20, 4 20-30, 5 30-40, 7 40-50, 10 50-70, 15 70-100, 20 100-120, 25 120-150. Generally they shoot for under 20 ish % of field makes the money. However, some have a fixed number regardless of field size IE ticket satellites and most free rolls.

That’s why it wasn’t too terribly difficult to see how many bubbles I’ve had since I only had to look at certain finishing positions. I’m probably the bubble champ with 28 of them this year, lol.
Going back thru to see just how many times I’ve cashed is gonna be a lot more work, maybe sometime I’ll try to figure it.
Would be cool if Replay kept those %'s on the stats page.

1 Like

Right, it’s a plug in

1 Like

That’s one thing I think they should have on your statistics page rather than the weekly top 10, monthly top 20 and yearly top 100 tournament points. What use are those statistics anyway?

Get rid of those and instead have # of wins, perhaps 2nd’s and 3rd’s as well, cashout percentage, maybe even bubbleboy percentage, and # of tournaments played. Seems to me that’d be a lot more useful in knowing how you’re doing for the year.

I’ve a cashout % of 23% for the year, don’t know if that it good or not, guessing it’s at least decent.
I took the time to go thru all my tourney’s for the year to figure it out.

Have a great day.