Today's ridiculous hands

Can’t afford to fold, ridiculous outcome…

1 Like

That hand is at least understandable in that you’re forced to play due to the blinds. If that was at the opening blind level and you lead with that size bet, or raised someone on KK raising to 10BB (300 chips) then it would be ridiculous. I hope you went on to win that game.

The ridiculous thing was 57o hitting the gutshot on the turn to beat AQ and KK. I had to play pretty much any 2 cards, but still.

And no, I didn’t go on to win. I finished 8th of 95.

2nd night at the Foals league. More of the same.

Hand #512352561 · Replay Poker - 2nd hand of the game, I play JT, hit a Full house, with it, and manage to win nearly 1000 chips.

Stack is over 7000

Hand #512352959 · Replay Poker - J6 BB, river jacks, small pot.

Hand #512354287 · Replay Poker AA vs 99, flops set of 9s disaster hand.

Stack now below 1800

Hand #512354444 · Replay Poker JQ v J7 JJQQ over JJ77 double up

Hand #512354969 · Replay Poker A8 over A4 AAA double up back to health.

Stack back over 6000

Hand #512355317 · Replay Poker JT OESD miss

Hand #512355687 · Replay Poker JJ raise and dump to ANOTHER 999 hand, this time the flop misses me and it’s 99 on the flop, the big stack bets and shows he has a 3rd 9.

Hand #512355889 · Replay Poker JT wrong flush board check-fold to river, folding on the river bet

Hand #512356594 · Replay Poker Q9s flop straight draw, check-call to river lose K-high over Q-high.

Hand #512356954 · Replay Poker J2 (folded) flop 522. 55 wins hand, 55522. good fold.

Hand #512357508 · Replay Poker A5o BB flop wrong flush, but OESD for me, fold to bet from big stack.

Hand #512357773 · Replay Poker KQo raise, bet flop, but stack calls, don’t hit a pair, fold river 99 wins. %$#!& YOUR NINES.

Stack Down to 4500

Tables rebalance 5 players out now, am 21st/25 of 30

Hand #512358905 · Replay Poker 96o in BB, fold to a 2BB raise. Good fold. 9-K straight wins, table now has a big stack at it.

Hand #512359329 · Replay Poker T6o in SB, fold, made two pair, KK wins over JJ2. Could not have played with any confidence.

Hand #512360037 · Replay Poker K5s limp, flop 8AA, one spade. Fold on flop to half-pot bet from dealer.

4125 chips 20th/25/30

J8o KQ2 flop, big stack takes it on the flop shows 22.

73o fold, big stack wins from BB uncontested.

J7s in BB. flop 68J, bet pot and take it.

Stack down to 4520.

Q4s in SB. Limp. 789 flop, 1 club. Check-fold after player behind me goes all-in.

A8o, fold.

4360 chips 17th/22/30

630, fold. Big stack beats AJ with 42, hitting a pair of 2s.

Hand #512365833 · Replay Poker K5s, flop 8AA, fold on the flop to a half-pot bet.

J8o, fold.

K3o, fold.

Q9s, UTG+1, limp. Next player shoves. %$#!& you.

4100 chips, 18th/22/30

A4o, fold. Flop 254, 6. 4 hearts. Hand ends on the turn. Maybe could have played here. Big stack takes it says he had 66, so would have been on a set.

A8o in BB, a player raises from 330 to 1320. Fold. %$#!& you.

K2o, in SB, fold. AJ goes all in, called by AJ, they hit AAJJ, chop.

3570 chips, 18th/22/30

T8o, fold. Flop 788. @$@#(^&^*&^! Player bets half pot against the big stack, who folds. No idea if they had trips or what. Maybe they would have beaten me with J+8 or something.

1. Limp. K4K flop. 7 Turn. No action. 3 river. Fives are good, I take 1440.

Stack 4650, 17th/21/30

A6o, fold. TKT, 3, player minbets the turn and takes the hand.

T8o, fold. Flop T9J, for Tens + OESD, hit Q on the turn. %$#!&. 22 vs Q6, wins it.

K8o fold. 5J3, 6. Big stack wins on a 3-7 straight.

K2o in BB, whole table limps. 455 flop. Player behind me bets pot. Fold.

3880 chips, 16th/21/30

Hand #512365833 · Replay Poker in SB. Limp. I feel congratulations are in order, I managed to get to see a flop. 2AQ, I have top pair, and 3 hearts on the board. 2nd to act shoves, I can tell they have either AK or AQ, and I’m just that beyond caring at this point, so I call. They flip up AK, I’m %$#!&ed. I knew it. This whole game, most of the time now one opens, everyone limps, but the 2-3 hands that I get semi-playable cards dealt to me, someone’s shoving preflop. Probably doing me a favor keeping me from losing more chips faster. But then I manage to get in to see a flop, I even hit it, and again someone’s hyperbetting the pot, so I’m sick of it, I decide to stand up and call, and of course it’s the wrong move. I even knew it was the wrong move. If I could have raised the shove so I could have given him all my chips right then and there, I would have done it.

Stack is 1255. 21/21/30. Basement desperation garbage time, %$#!&.

Hand #512366970 · Replay Poker, I shove, 2 players call me. No one’s afraid to call here, of course. I hit top two pair, and am blasted out of the game anyway by a broadway straight to end my @#@#%y run.

I guess the lesson is, playing poker is impossible when you’re able to play 1/50 hands. Also, throwing away your chips in anger is not a great way to win.

I’ll have to work on it. But mainly I’m just super angry at the way my luck has gone. I can handle a bad beat. I can’t handle dozens of hands over a week going south on me on top of ice ages that go on for 40-50 minutes or more.

This is a win, jonmike not shoving the river and leaving you with a 2K stack is a win in my book… lol :wink: Cheers Pugs

1 Like

…or pre-flop for that matter, @puggywug.

So… lots of quotes here from people all noticing the same thing… people going full r-tard if you actually play aggressive poker. I remember in a low stakes ring game, I was raising 25BB pre-flop at one point and still getting 5 or 6 callers. Once I got called a bingo player, I confronted them, then picked up my winnings and left.

After slamming my head against the wall like this for a while, changing stakes often, I switched over to 4-max & 6-max ring games per the suggestion of @Comicguy. I have to say, the level of play at those tables is substantially better than a typical full ring. Still not enough to be “good”, mind you, but infinitely more predictable and easier to make some profit. (With less wait time between hands!)

==insert witty segue==

I recommend this as well, Pug. Play a 4-max ring game at 200/400 or thereabouts for a while. You can totally play 74s on the button if everyone is weak. If you’re having a bad night on the tournament circuit, join a ring game and play a smart (but loose) 30-35% range pre-flop. It’s fun and it moves quickly.

3 Likes

Well, my computer was broke down for 2 days, which meant I made whole 5000 chips, actual +EV play for collecting the daily bonus.

Played Badonk’s Foals league again, and did fine, until I got AQ, flopped QQA, got bet into by AJ who had JJA for middle pair. I go all-in on the Turn, and they call me, LIKE YOU DO WITH A NUTTY-@$$ HAND LIKE 2nd PAIR. And then he proceeds to river out a trip Jack suckout bad beat to drop me off the table in 21st place. And after I had just so patiently folded junk cards for the privilege of playing this hand, too. Goodnight, I hate everyone.

Flop a broadway draw and bravely sustain a bet, calling to see the Turn, my perfect card fills the straight, and I go all-in, river sucks my opponent out to a KKKTT full house and takes me for my buy in THANKS CARDS.

77 improves to full house, yay me.

Then I get my JJ destroyed by KT, KKTT > JJ

Straight, K-9 over A9s flush draw on flop top pair 9s.

Can’t win can’t win can’t win can’t win can’t win can’t win can’t win can’t win can’t win can’t win.

As long as you’re having fun, you are winning.

It sounds like you are having a lot of fun!

2 Likes

There are no “good games” anymore. Only idiots who will call with anything, and coin flips.

Sometimes you can win two coin flips in a row, but usually not.

I have about 112 more games of this BS until I’m broke and can be freed of this prison forever.

Was doing OK at this 25K SNG, until I call a shove from 66 with AQ, flop top pair Aces, he hits a set and I’m out.

My luck’s so bad, I go to sign up for a 2-Max SNG table that I see someone waiting at; the moment I click register, they apparently gave up waiting and left.

Every single thing I try to do does not work. Literally. I could hit the Reply button, and it would error. Watch my prediction not come true, in fulfillment of my prediction.

2BB raise on TT UTG, and it triggers a re-raise shoving match that I get out of the way of, but would have won because the shovers are all holding junk. Thanks, early position.

Final BS hand of the night. Out 20th in the Bankroll [Destroyer, for me] MTT:

AJ vs. QJ, river Q sinks top pair, top kicker AGAIN. Because why would a trap shove EVER go my way on a hand like top pair, top kick?

Once again, every time I play for a big pot, the cards twist around and screw me.

Screenshot of my bank, look at all the red.

55 in early position. Limp. Hit a set of 5s. Two in the hand. I lay out a half-pot bet to a tiny pot, and the two other players instantly fold.

Even when I have a reasonably strong hand, I can’t get a pot going.

So OF COURSE the MOMENT I could POSSIBLY be drawing to a ROYAL FLUSH, THAT’S when someone decides they HAVE to SHOVE. Call. Miss. Out 5th. FML.

Now down 2.5M chips since two weeks ago, and haven’t taken any chips in a game since July 13, 5 days ago. 5 days without one win is my longest streak ever since I started playing a year ago. Granted, I didn’t play much on two of those days, and didn’t play at all in two more of them, but that’s still 0-18 in the money.