Three interesting all-in hands

Or I could be totally wrong and you read him perfectly the first time.

1 Like

not sure if you going to make the same calls in a tournament.Most times in the rings we seem to play more hands than necessary and tend to relax our 7th sense which never comes into play in the rings but pretty much correct poker as you stated above.ive seen top 500 players call 23,93,24,j3 offsuit in the rings off thier sb and bbs and on a frequent basis hence even more difficult to judge what players are playing on as the variety of hands on table is tough to judge which you can zero down to a few hands in a tourney.Also seen some crazy preflop bets with 2/3 players are holding a10 over the continue bets are even higher.bottom line is to link percentage play on a ring table is a very tough call given the above facts the good part is if you put it into play as the players ranked 5000 and above dont.

His current rankingā€¦

chips: 0

https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/199681054

@SunPowerGuruā€¦ Interesting that you represent yourself as a serious poker guru and attempt to ridicule another player. Remember you bought over 1/3 of your chips

First of all, I donā€™t represent myself as anything.

Secondly, Iā€™m not ridiculing anyone.

Finally, had you been following the thread, it sort of morphed into a discussion on playing styles. I took the position that this particular player was taking advantage of the tight players by playing loosely, and that this style is unsustainable in the long run.

I posted his rank and chip count, along with his final hand, to illustrate the point.

You may read into my posts what you will. I fully defend your right to be wrong.

Yeah I am aware of the thread. Did you play against him at the tableā€¦ Did you finally sack himā€¦oops noā€¦nuff said!!!

Yeah, you followed the thread but had nothing to add but cheap shots directed at me personally. I will remind you that this is a hand and/or player style analysis thread, the fact that I wasnā€™t at the table is utterly meaningless. You, sir, are dismissed. Have a nice day!

I found this last hand interesting because it parallels the 1st hand posted by the OP, with a few differences. Yes, it played differently preflop, but there are 2 main reasons for thisā€¦

1ā€¦ He was in the SB, so not first to act like last time, andā€¦

2ā€¦ Calling the openerā€™s initial bet cost him nearly 25% of his stack, so he had less maneuvering room.

Bluff shoving the flop was absolutely predictable with this guy. He was betting on the fact that the flop probably missed his opponent, which it did. However, his opponent had the nut flush draw (about 35% from the flop) and an over (roughly 12%) and could easily afford to call 3 mill in order to win 5 millā€¦ he was getting a good price to call because it was more or less a coin toss.

Really, there werenā€™t a lot of hands his opponent was worried about there. It was unlikely that he flopped a flush without checking to the opener. The exception is if he had a small flush, but he probably wouldnā€™t have entered the pot at all with small cards.

Itā€™s also hard for his opponent to put him on an ace. AK, AQ, and probably AJs and the like would probably shoved preflop because he was short stacked.

Same goes for AA, KK, or QQ, and maybe ANY pair.

The only ā€œdangerā€ hand there (from his opponentā€™s perspective) was a hand like KQ or KJ without a diamond. This type of hand would have played the same wayā€¦ call preflop, shove the flop to block the flush draw. Still, with the nut flush draw and an overcard, it was correct to call.

1 Like