Thoughts on the Replay Team Championship

I suggested it earlier, but I thought that if they had a SNG league, where you had a certain amount of tickets to play each week, or “bus schedule” of MTT games starting all day long, like they do with Astral and Gemstone leagues, I could have played when convenient. Maybe a ticket system where players in the league get a certain number (say 5) of league tournament tickets per week, and they have to play 5 games each week that can be played at any of 8 times a day, starting off a new one every 3 hours, and running until all tickets have been redeemed.

2 Likes

Quote of the week! Haha :smile:

2 Likes

if i only had better team mates it would have been great!!just kidding go molon go

2 Likes

I like the idea of four players, one of which would be a backup in case a team member could not make a certain date. In our case a team member unexpectedly had little choice but miss one of the games, sometimes these things cannot be foreseen, helped, or avoided. A fourth member would have been great in that situation, although we all had a blast with the tourney. Good times all round, and cannot wait for the next one.

5 Likes

The truth is often spoken in jest!

1 Like

Or a four player team, with the three best scores counting, so If someone misses it works out ok :):hugs:

7 Likes

that’s a really good idea.

1 Like

I think they meant Juicee … 3 play each week, but 1 is backup incase someone can’t show up… kinda like a pool league… where 6-7 members on team , but only 5 play each week.

3 Likes

Yes I understood, Just making a new suggestion that may be very well received by staff & players.

4 Likes

This is a good idea Juicee. For many years the World Equestrian Games has followed this format, with the round with the most faults being discounted. This took a tremendous amount of pressure from the teams, especially if the first to go was eliminated (in the case of team poker, a no show or an unfortunate knock out in the first hand)

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s a good idea. It would mean a little more work for staff, but they mostly just sit around with nothing to do anyway.

5 Likes

LOL, that savage response hahaha !

I think I still like you SPG…

To add something to the conversation : I think it’s a great idea too, never thought of that !

1 Like

Well, I just meant that the site is so well done and the staff is so good and efficient that they can do the day-to-day stuff so fast and well that they have time left over.

1 Like

Yeah yeah we got that. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I agree that a 4 player team, with the lowest score each week thrown out, would solve the problem of somebody having to miss a game. One of the unique aspects about this challenge, was that each bracket had the same players every week. Each week you learned more about your opponents and they learned more about you. This presented a unique challenge and I loved that I had to think about what my opponents knew about me, what I knew of them, and change up my game a bit to take advantage of that knowledge. I made some new friends too :slight_smile: Therefore, I don’t really like the idea of alternates who could come in and throw new players into the mix. I could even see teams using this as a strategy of sorts, instead of simply allowing the alternates to play if a tournament conflicts with real life. Besides, I kind of doubt most poker players would want to be the alternate. I also don’t like the idea of SNGs where you could pick your competitors, within your group. I think the best way to address this issue, is to have 4 player teams (and 4 brackets/tournaments), but only the top 3 scores each week would count for the team.

4 Likes

I :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:thank all of you for liking my suggestion, And I think it is very :+1:doable with :a:A :honeybee:B :ocean:C :deer:D, table’s, without :dizzy_face:knowing how the :people_holding_hands:staff achieved the set up to begin with, it seems like a simple :pinching_hand:tweak to a already existing program to add another table of players, and a bit easier to :dart: toss the lowest score out.
But As SunPowerGuru stated MANY times before, I am not :seat:sitting in their chairs,:beverage_box: sipping their tea, :canned_food:eating their croissants or bagels, :tv: watching their Benny Hill reruns, :womans_clothes: wearing their one piece leisure suits, or :man_playing_water_polo: :women_wrestling: :woman_playing_handball:working their 30 hour weeks! So I really can’t :speaking_head: speak for them. But I know if we :cloud_with_rain:storm the :european_castle:castle, we can :takeout_box:pillage some nice :potable_water:moat water & :brick:bricks

Oh, and lose the sunglasses SPG, your eyes are to pretty to hide!

3 Likes

I just want to point out that this could be done with 3 person teams too. Just count the highest 2 players and not the lowest.

Awwww shucks, thanks! (stuffs his hands into his pockets and kicks the dirt)

2 Likes

LOL Sun

1 Like

This was truly a fun tourney. I wasn’t going to play in this as thought I could not make all the games. When I finally accepted to play, I made all the games till the semi final. Felt badly for the team, but was unavoidable. Love the suggestions made here. A sub for a missed game would be awesome as well as other suggestions. Have no problem with the volunteer staffers playing.Was a great set-up putting A B C tables. I do think a 4th table might be too much… Congrats to the winners.

Oh and nice job on the flowers to grapevine,SunPower

2 Likes

[quote=“SunPowerGuru, post:20, topic:13768”]
There’s no shame in buying chips. The site wouldn’t be here if people din’t buy chips.
[/quote

We don’t really know this, or how the site makes money, or if it loses money, or how much money it gets by selling play chips.

Since anyone, including me, can have 2.500 chips per day just for logging on, it does not seem that the site is trying very hard to make people buy play chips–more that it is trying to build as large a possible playing membership. WIth 2500 chips you can play a tournament each day, or a sit’n’go and if you can win the easiest games you will soon not need to rely on the 2500 chips at all.

Replay Poker is a great site and would probably be worth a huge amount of money if it eventually converts to real money poker. Perhaps that is the end game. I’m just speculating. Many businesses like Uber have lost billions of dollars before eventually going public and continuing to lose money, so it is not always readily apparent how money is made, except that early investors make money when the company goes public.

This web page tells us a little about the people who work for Replay Poker, but not whether they are full time employees or how much they earn.

Check out great remote, part-time, freelance, and other flexible jobs with Replay Poker! Here’s an introduction to Replay Poker as an employer:

Replay Poker is a community-based, online poker site founded in Sweden in 2005. Today, Replay Poker is headquartered in London, United Kingdom, and continues to offer the same “great play-money poker experience” its members have grown to love. Replay Poker reaches 200 million players around the world with free games, promotions, and tournaments for all skill levels.

Replay Poker is owned by CEO Paul Gould, a serial entrepreneur who specializes in online communities and gaming who first became involved with the company in 2008 as an investor prior to becoming CEO in 2010. Replay Poker is joined by eleven additional team members, including Security and Collision Manager and traveling poker professional Robert Bostock.

Replay Poker is a rapidly expanding company and is always looking for talented individuals to join its team. Replay Poker maintains a 100 percent virtual workforce that is currently spread out across Europe, South America, and North America, and hires telecommuting positions that can be done from anywhere in the world. As an employer, Replay Poker offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes unlimited vacation time, a competitive salary, plenty of autonomy, and a blend of fun and challenging projects to work on.

[I think that should be **Collusion** Manager]

1 Like