The WSOP Main Event Thread

Just saw that full boat get swallowed by quad 7’s

Awesome !!!

2 Likes

That was an awesome hand!

1 Like

The full house hand at the end of that level! Interesting!!

1 Like

Very !!!

Cool day of coverage. Hated to see Vanessa Selbst eliminated on that monster hand. She is one of my favorite players, mostly because she is able to extract more value than almost anyone I’ve ever watched. Also interesting to note a comment made by Antonio Esfandiari towards the end about chasing flushes on paired boards - not a good idea. This was something brought up in these Forums about a week or so ago.

Hope everyone is enjoying it as much as I have been. Even day 1 poker, where its mostly small-ball and a grind is great to watch. In fact, I like that they are showing hands with a lot less drama to give people a better perspective of the game.

2 Likes

| | SunPowerGuru
July 9 |

Seville:I was at the Rio one time about10-15 years ago. Went to the mens room and ran into Daniel Negreanu. We spoke, I congratulated him on how well he was doing so far in that tourney. He thanked me. He had just left the urinal so I didn’t offer to shake hands.
That’s odd… the same thing happened to me in '06. Most people used the Porta-Potties out back, but there’s a little-known men’s room… facing the bar in back, take a left, go past the barricade, take a left, then a quick right, another right, and the men’s room in just ahead on your right.I walked in, and there was Daniel Negreanu at the urinal. What are the odds of that? Hahaha. Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
In Reply To

| | Seville Player Rep
July 9 |

I was at the Rio one time about10-15 years ago. Went to the mens room and ran into Daniel Negreanu. We spoke, I congratulated him on how well he was doing so far in that tourney. He thanked me. He had just left the urinal so I didn’t offer to shake hands.:roll_eyes: Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond. To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

LOL makes me wonder what he is doing all the time in the men’s room. I wonder if I start doing that if it will improve my game?

1 Like

Also blown away by the pocket Aces & Sevens… just wow!

2 Likes

Did you see her post-hand briefing?

https://www.pokercentral.com/articles/vanessa-selbst-eliminated-on-day-1b-of-main-event

Just an insanely great mind for the game. And we talk about getting coolered on our play chip tourneys :slight_smile:

Added: Just re-read her comments and watched the hand again and noticed the bit about her checking the suits on her pocket A’s before deciding to make the call. She’s checking because one of the combinations Baumann could have had was A7s to make her play make sense. Well, Selbst had AsAd so the only combination she wasn’t blocking was A7hh.

She actually says during the hand “A7 hearts is a thing, A7 diamonds isn’t a thing”

Had she had the Ah, she actually could have found a fold of top FH because she could have eliminated every hand other than quads. I doubt there are more than a handful of players who could even consider that, even in a low stakes game. How much harder is it in something as high pressure as the WSOP main event, on TV?

1 Like

Great first day :+1:t2:

Just a reminder the WSOP is on ESPN tonight from 7:30 - 11:30 (East coast time)

1 Like

Thank you Marc, I’m still in the surgical rehab unit but getting paroled lol Friday.

Have to share the TV with the other guy in here so now I can give him a heads up.

Looking forward to a good poker night :+1:t2:

Hope your feeling better Craig. It should be a fun night of Poker!

1 Like

Thank you Marc, getting there my friend, looking forward to it. Thank you again for posting :+1:t2:

Reading reports from earlier today that last years winner of the Main Event Qui Nguyen has busted. I’m sure they’ll cover it on the broadcast tonight.

Greetings Marc,
How could you not love Daniel, the Canada ambassador of poker. Daniel is an absolutely wonderful human being ! ! !
I wish him all the luck in the world. Most people aren’t aware of Daniel’s charitable efforts and work. It’s not just money with him. He just doesn’t talk about it at all… His peers all around him talk about it when he’s not around. That my friend is a classy human being who’s aware of his calling in life. His joy is in the doing and sometimes the little eyes that look back at him in gratitude is all it takes for him. It’s not publicity or public recognition …

2 Likes

Lots of surprises last night on busted out players! Couple of good players gone.

I didn’t know the entry fee was $10,000 and over 7000 entrants

8-10 pm on ESPN tonight Marc :+1:t2:

Talk about running the clock out , omg that one guy , Ameture with the bald head must have been what seemed like 10 minutes deciding but for $10,000 I probably would have taken that long lol

1 Like

Yep quite a few bust outs last night. Looking forward to tonight!

1 Like

Adam Levy calling out Hellmuth? Seriously? Levy is a tool. The only way he should be allowed to sit at a table with Phil is if he was polishing Hellmuth’s shoes, and bracelets. Probably as close as he’ll ever get to a bracelet.

2 Likes

Just tuning in now (was out with friends) have I missed anything interesting tonight?