The Totally Topic-less Anything Except Complaining Thread

"Basically, it was giving the previous generation a sense of almost empowerment to see a Native woman on a box of butter. It gave them a sense of cultural pride,” he said. “After seeing those posts, I said, ‘that’s right, that’s why my dad created this image to begin with’.” - Son of the Native artist who created the image as a symbol of natural purity.

As an activist in this arena for well over 20 years, I will say that Peggy Flanagan is considered a sell-out, and this move is seen for what it is… an easy way to get publicity, strictly for her own benefit, at the cost of those she claims to represent.

That’s all I’ll say about it.

1 Like

My husband has Indian in his blood. His sister is an artist, and I am proud to hang many of their pictures throughout my home. We went to many Pow Wows over the years, and made friends. It was an honor to many that she was on that butter, and they wished more could have had that opportunity. Like a movie star, one said. Recognition. I could get real deep, but let’s just say, every thing today is Political. The ones making the rules are older than I am, so why wasn’t something wrong with these things the first 50 years? Power, Greed, Woke world.

2 Likes

I will just leave this here…thoughts?

1 Like

So typical of the rules for thee, but not for me crowd.

You shouldn’t allow these toxic bullies to call people names.

Isn’t calling someone a toxic bully name calling?

Let’s embrace equality by insisting on special rules to protect women.

If women really want to be treated as equals, they should petition the WSOP to eliminate all “women only” events. Compete with men on a level playing field and show that you are worthy of being an equal. Otherwise, it’s all just blah blah blah and boo hoo hoo.

1 Like

Thx m/f and to all

1 Like
3 Likes

3 no 4

2 Likes

Here’s a modern take on an old comedy classic…

2 Likes

Not according to Bill Murray. That’s the fact Jack :joy:

2 Likes
2 Likes

I work near a school and on my break I walk to a local store. As I was going in the other day there were 2 schoolkids around 8 years old (1 girl, 1 boy) and I heard the girl say " I don’t want to be called a her, I want to be called a they".
I just thought, is this really something a child should even be considering? I also have a friend who is a teacher and she is at her wits end trying to deal with kids identifying as various genders on a daily basis and having to try and remember their ‘pronouns’ for that day…it is a minefield for her as another teacher has already been reported by a child to their parents who complained to the school.

3 Likes

I gave up trying to keep up with all of the pronouns, so I just call everyone “it.”

3 Likes

I just go with “ Hey You “ …

How you doin ?
Nice to see all of you’s
You are looking good

Actually it should be “ewe” with all these sheep following everyone else…

3 Likes

3 Likes

Hi people quick question
I have noticed that a few friends on replay have not been on for quite some time 2 / 12 weeks these are friends i was consistently in touch with when checking there pages out the following message has appeared

[Ring Game Hands]

Have you seen this player at the table? We haven’t. :frowning:
can this have anything to do with the reportedly many glitches we are hearing about or is there an area in the U.S that has lost signal? im concerned for them its strange this is becoming more and more as the days pass any one else not heard from there regular friends they chat with?

2 Likes

In my case, I’m still here but I did notice because I haven’t played Ring Games in over 5 years ( I only play MTTs and SNGs ) my old Ring hands were purged from my profile page a few months ago.

Interesting thought tho.

1 Like

I don’t think any place has “lost signal.”

I would guess that your friends stopped bothering to log in because of the technical issues.

1 Like

Do you think it may be related to the recent lag and freezing problems?

Or, maybe they are just clearing memory space?

3 Likes

Could be a bit of both. Maybe dumping some hand histories (if they did) was a step they took to eliminate or minimize one of the variables.

2 Likes

I’m not sure because when I saw it I looked at some other profiles and some said the same thing “ this player hasn’t played any hands yet “ and no ring game history and some had all their ring game history. Very odd…I thought it was clearing up some space by purging them.

1 Like