The Story of Your Replay Poker Avatar

Mouse was a stray that showed up on the front door of the library at the college I worked at. The librarian put down a bowl of rice and she ate it–obviously she was ravenously hungry. I went to my apartment (I worked in resident life, so I had an apartment in the dorm) and grabbed a can of tuna, and she never left. Had her 11 years.

She was called Mouse because she was more likely to squeak than meow. Great cat. Loved to hide, the jump out at me as I walked by. Once did a flying leap off furniture to land on the back of my neck, wrapped around it like a feather boa. She was also the rare cat that never needed a carrier. She would ride in the car curled up on the passenger’s side seat.

2 Likes

We had a “car cat” once! We loved taking her on trips, and she never wanted us to get in the car without her. How I miss her.

1 Like

Superguru

My latest avatar is me in my usual street clothes. I used to wear a suit over it, then duck into a nearby phone booth for a quick change, but try finding a phone booth these days. I guess I must be adopted, beacuse mom tells me she found me on the family farm, wrapped in a blanket that she used to make the costume. She made it when I was a kid, yet it seems to fit perfectly now that I’m an adult. Moms are amazing!

I added the cape because, let’s face it, if you have buns of steel and go around wearing tights, women are going to giggle, chatter, and probably swoon, and I don’t want to be held responsible for swooning-related head injuries.

Puppies
Melting stuff with my heat ray vision
Throwing moons or planets at bad guys
Flying really really fast

Dislikes
Kryptonite
Evil Villains

1 Like

LOL SPG
Ever try to pick out your avatar from the leader boards when it’s blue? When I found an old account with an old facebook avatar, which was white, I switched to that account for that reason. Helped a lot, but when I drew a smiley face on it, it really popped. However, after getting more than a few comments about how creepy it looked, I traded it in for a self portrait. Now I just look for hair.

2 Likes

thats not what you said to me.

1 Like

If you have a specific reason for your choosing the picture you have to represent you at the tables, what is it? Whether it’s a pet you love. A favorite interest you are especially passionate about? Give us those intriguing details that are actual (hopefully) good or positive things that have motivated your choice. My current pic is from 12/10/1982, when I had 2nd row, Eddie’s side, tickets(and a Kodak 110 Instamatic shoved in my pants) for Van Halen@ The Hollywood Sportatorium. It was the 4th of an eventual 7 total times I was blessed with an EVH solo. I have been a fan of theirs since the moment I heard Eruption from the first album. Needless to say the news of Eddie’s death after a lengthy battle with Cancer was like a gut punch or finding out you need a root canal that will last 3 weeks. Eddie influenced so many guitarists to adopt that amazing style, sound and wild look to paint schemes on their instrument. And His name is inclusive to every GOAT conversation conversed. His contribution to rock and roll guitar is immeasurable, but gigantic nonetheless. His absence is evident. RIP Edward Van Halen. #EdwardVanHalen

3 Likes