The Story of Your Replay Poker Avatar

My avatar? Who cares? …or as Alfred E. Neuman would say, “What? Me worry?”
shrug-smiley (50x50) (2)

2 Likes

I like pugs. I had a very special pug in my life from 1999 until he passed away in 2011. I still miss him and think about him every day. So when I signed up for the site, I named myself puggywug.

My avatar was the perfect image, which I found by searching the net for “pugs playing poker”. I was hoping to find a pugs-only version of the famous painting of dogs playing poker, but this image came up and it was perfect.

After I was invited to join Badonk’s Donks, I took a league crown in my first quarter, earned promotion to the Gold tier, and added the little crown to the image, and the “DONKS” text. I’m not sure who came up with the graphics, one of the other league members. I didn’t do a great job of photoshopping it into the image, but at the size it’s usually displayed at, it doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

@JanCee

I’m sure you noticed, but maybe not? Avatar looks like a light bulb? So you always got ideas? And yes its friendly, and I guess I never noticed the knitting, but deff happy & content?

My avatar is meaningless. I even stole a meme off FORUMs for a funny AV pic previously. The name? Obviously Pink Flyod but unfortunately I couldn’t find any decent Pink Floyd pics to represent, so I go with whatever…

1 Like

(Psssst: Any friend of Pink Floyd is a friend of mine.)

Thanks for this thoughtful response, DogsOfWar. Yes–I’m full of ideas, but not a really bright light bulb. (I had never noticed the light bulb shape. See? Not really bright!)

1 Like

Speaking of Pink Floyd and light bulbs … I found this :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ohhhhh–good one!! (“Found” or made? I know you!)

Found …lol

1 Like

I did away with the demon horns and decided to keep the halo which naturally appears in all of my pics. Editing it out was rather time-consuming, so I thought I would use an avatar that shows my true angelic self,

sunpower18

2 Likes

Touche. I’ve never noticed the knitting, but I guess I’m just having a mans look or glance. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@SharonSmarty

Gunna have to save that. Nice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Replay awarded me my avatar because I am special…

1 Like

My notes say you are "special "

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

It is the best picture that I have of me :grin:

2 Likes

19 years ago, I was asleep on the couch. I woke up not able to see much and realized my cat was asleep on my head and neck, with her tail covering my eyes. Long before anyone ever called it a “selfie”, I carefully grabbed my digital camera off the coffee table and took the shot.

3 Likes

Welcome eauhomme. What a super story, - as a cat person myself would love to hear more about his escapades!

1 Like

Well, the story of my “avatar” is absolutely boring and not controversial, but I’ d love to tell it anyway.

When I signed up, I didn’ t give a f*** about the picture, but when I sat at the tables, I kinda felt meaningless (what most of us actually are), so I decided to take a picture while I was playing… with a fine cigar from the dominican republic between my lips (the single malt scotch I drank along is not visible!).

I Kinda liked it and with a view exceptions from the catholic anti-smoking league I got a lot of positive feedback, especially from South America (of course).

I also realized that it is reflecting my poker style very well because most of the time I am patiently waiting for “my hand”, and this is much easier with a cigar that lasts two and a half hours, if you smoke it as patiently and joyful as I do.

1 Like

Well this was not boring! Thanks for sharing all this. Now we all know you better, and that’s fun.

My latest avatar is a troll pirate, because, well… I suspect you know why. Anyway, I was thinking, “OK, the pirate troll is adorable, what could make it even better?” The obvious answer was to add a razor sharp weapon and a big mug of ale. As much fun as pirate trolls are, they are way more fun when drunk and brandishing a dangerous weapon.

sunpower28

3 Likes

Hail to the ale!

1 Like