The Story of Your Replay Poker Avatar

I tried out several avatars before settling into the one I use now. It was created for me by Sharon Smarty, and it is perfect: the round happy face knitting and saying “Pffffft!” when warranted. 01 Pffft

I used but later abandoned another one (see picture below) because it just didn’t fit me.

How did you find / choose / create your Replay Poker avatar? If it has a story, share it. Or make one up. Who’s to know?

Gollum-meme

4 Likes

I was ALWAYS a colorful old dog. The image, stolen off the internet, just seemed perfect.

Good topic.

2 Likes

All of my many avatars come from photo shoots done in an online virtual world called SecondLife. I design menswear there, and they were all originally used as advertising for my clothing designs.

I added demon horns to my current one because, well… those who know me need no explanation, and none would suffice for those who don’t, so I’ll leave it at that.

sunpower17

2 Likes

I got mine because I roll my eyes a lot and this one actually does that…Amusement3
I used to you this one which some of the guys miss …lol
red

4 Likes

My wife chose my avatar. You might think she chose it because she thinks I’m a softie–a sweet little marshmallow. But actually I know she really chose it because she knows I’m a smoldering inferno. The marshmallows are a decoy to draw in the innocent. (Bwaahahhahaha!)
(photo from a camping trip, Crater Lake, Oregon)

1 Like

I like tea and chess. Because of this I brewed a cup of assam (or maybe it was oolong, I forget), put it on a chessboard, snapped a picture, and made it my pfp. There’s also a dog toy or two in the background.

1 Like

My avatar is simply me, warts and all, and I change it each year to show a photograph of the latest place I have been on holiday. My present one was taken in Mijas, a small village in southern Spain. Sadly, due to the present restrictions, this one will have to stay until next year when hopefully we will be able to take our itchy feet abroad again.

1 Like

This is a toughie for me,i change my avatar every hour or so lol. This latest one describes my cards this week,cow puckey!

1 Like

(Not a wart in sight!) You look like a movie star in this one!

1 Like

Woo-Woo! Oh, my yes. Did her eyes roll, too?

1 Like

lol…I think they did but no one was looking at her eyes

1 Like

I THOUGHT that, but didn’t have the nerve to type it in. (blushes). Beautiful.
Pin-up art will always have a place in my heart.

2 Likes

My avatar? Who cares? …or as Alfred E. Neuman would say, “What? Me worry?”
shrug-smiley (50x50) (2)

2 Likes

I like pugs. I had a very special pug in my life from 1999 until he passed away in 2011. I still miss him and think about him every day. So when I signed up for the site, I named myself puggywug.

My avatar was the perfect image, which I found by searching the net for “pugs playing poker”. I was hoping to find a pugs-only version of the famous painting of dogs playing poker, but this image came up and it was perfect.

After I was invited to join Badonk’s Donks, I took a league crown in my first quarter, earned promotion to the Gold tier, and added the little crown to the image, and the “DONKS” text. I’m not sure who came up with the graphics, one of the other league members. I didn’t do a great job of photoshopping it into the image, but at the size it’s usually displayed at, it doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

@JanCee

I’m sure you noticed, but maybe not? Avatar looks like a light bulb? So you always got ideas? And yes its friendly, and I guess I never noticed the knitting, but deff happy & content?

My avatar is meaningless. I even stole a meme off FORUMs for a funny AV pic previously. The name? Obviously Pink Flyod but unfortunately I couldn’t find any decent Pink Floyd pics to represent, so I go with whatever…

1 Like

(Psssst: Any friend of Pink Floyd is a friend of mine.)

Thanks for this thoughtful response, DogsOfWar. Yes–I’m full of ideas, but not a really bright light bulb. (I had never noticed the light bulb shape. See? Not really bright!)

1 Like

Speaking of Pink Floyd and light bulbs … I found this :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ohhhhh–good one!! (“Found” or made? I know you!)

Found …lol

1 Like

I did away with the demon horns and decided to keep the halo which naturally appears in all of my pics. Editing it out was rather time-consuming, so I thought I would use an avatar that shows my true angelic self,

sunpower18

2 Likes