**The Only Way To Play With The Donks**

What I have to say about Badonk’s league agrees so much with what has already been posted. Since I’ve joined, I have learned so much,while playing with a group that is most friendly,and play some serious poker. If you want to have a great time with some great people,while playing a game you love,Badonkidonk’s Donks and Badonkidonk’s Foals is the perfect place for you to be. Come join us! I truly think you will not be disappointed.:vulcan_salute:

1 Like

I just want to say thank you to BD for giving me the chance to play in this league. Everything posted is ditto for me too, Well done Thank you again

1 Like

Many thanks to Badonk and all the great Donks…I’m so happy to see our league growing strong! I am a believer that the Donks are becoming the best MTT players on this site. I originally came to RP to get more hand experience in an effort to improve play at my local live MTT. At first I was not convinced RP was providing this with all the loose action and questions about random card dealing and such. I hung around long enough to find places on RP that serves my original purpose, with my Donk membership becoming the best place to do this! For a student of the game, the quality of play of us Donks has really improved my MTT play…thank you all! I have been crushing in 100k/250k/1m MTTS…With such great format, nice players, and creative leadership, a serious player will thrive here in our weekly tourneys…Good luck to all! (you’ll need it fer sher) Be well always. Your friend Goldie ;}**

1 Like

22 Jul 12:08, sugarblossom wrote:
hey, thank you. I’m really enjoying being in your league and I wanted you to know that. you know far better than most that there is no lock on placing, much less winning. I give it my best game and hope for some luck (last night it came in the form of my hands holding up since I was pretty much ahead when the chips got into the middle). some very fine players and nice people

1 Like

Can I join the league? I’ve already tried to add badonkidonk but nothing has happened.

REPLY TO SQUARE_CUT
Thank you for the post. We are now RP friends. Please reply to my private message.

Very well said MaineCats. I am new to the league myself and find it very competitive and the peeps here all seem to give it their all…I look forward to playing and advancing my skills weekly. I feel honored to have been selected for a position with the foals…soon maybe to be a donk…lol Good luck to all the foals…

1 Like

Do you call us peeps because we squawk a lot?

I think maybe he knows you are a Peeping Juicee :blush:

1 Like

LOL…Not at all JuiceeLoot…That term (peeps) has been around for a long long time and it just refers to people in general. Not anything derogatory…Hope this clarifies it for you…
I find that all the people that I have played with at the tables have been great and have shown wonderful sportsmanship.

1 Like

Don’t make me peep :hatching_chick: I’ll peep all over you, :baby_chick: peep :hatched_chick: is how I peep, And I won’t stop peepin till the peep has sung. :baby_chick:

1 Like

Badonk asked me to post my favorite two things about our league for the new players so here they are:
#1 - The Competition. In our league, unlike much of the play elsewhere on the site, people play more like is done in the real world with actual money on the line. So often when playing in high level rink games there are these massive bets on nothing but weak draws. Losing hands like that drives people away! At least here when you lose on the river most the time you know the player opposite you had the right to be in that situation.
#2 The Ranking. I like the fact that from week to week you see where you are at and where you want to go & how much needed to. I really like the new tiers being added. In fact, I volunteered to go down to the third level just to challenge myself to see if I could climb out!

2 Likes

REPLY TO XPUSHER32
Thank you for your comments.

1 Like

Along those lines, since I created the new leaderboard spreadsheets, I’ve been crunching numbers “behind the scenes” in my spare time.

Here’s some interesting trivia for the 3rd quarter:

Out of 59 Foals, through the first 20 games this quarter:

• Only 1 Foal has finished 5th or better in 6 games.
  • 2 have finished in 5th or better in 5 games.
  • 6 have done so in 4 games
  • 8 have done so in 3 games
  • 8 have done so twice.
  • 20 have done so once
  • 14 have never finished in the top 5 in the 3rd Quarter.

If you’re one of the players who’s had a Top 5 finish in two or more tournaments, then congratulations, you’ve done something that more half of the league has not managed to do.

Only 16 players have managed to win 1st place in the 20 tournaments that have been held so far this quarter – 4 of them have managed to accomplish this twice. 43 Foals have not won one tournament.

Two players have managed to finish 2nd place (or better) 3 times. 10 players have finished 2nd place 10 times. 14 players have done it once.

One player has finished 3rd (or better) 4 times, 6 have done it 3 times, 12 have done it twice, and 14 have done it once.

These statistics show just how competitive our league is. It is very tough to get into the top 5 even once!

2 Likes

Any stats like that for donks?

I could work them up… but I don’t have them handy. @Badonkidonk didn’t really like the idea of adding the stats to the leaderboards, so I’ve been running some numbers on the Foals league for funsies, sorry!

1 Like

REPLY TO PUGGYWUG
We did not endorse the idea of adding more statistics such as this to the leaderboards, because we knew that they were not available for both leagues. Also, the last time we showed statistics like this, it caused too many questions about what is the best way to determine the champion for the quarter.

1 Like

The Replay scoring system seems to align with puggy’s trivia so it would appear the current scoring system is more than fair. Also, I doubt that any other method would result in anything that differs very much, the results would be essentially the same regardless.

What is the #1 reason why poker enthusiasts don’t play on “free” online poker sites?
It’s because they are “free” online poker sites.

Everyone knows that the players at all the “free” on line poker sights do not play the same as they would play at a real money tournament.
However, the 100+ members of Badonk’s League’s have created something unique in the online poker industry. It has proven to be a formula for success for all competitive online “free” poker sites everywhere. By observing the play at the tables, a casual spectator would think that our members are playing for real money. Why? Because although the chips that the members can win have no redeeming value, they play as though they did. That’s because they are not just competing for chips. They are competing to move up through the different tiers of our membership, so that they can compete at an even higher level in the future. They are playing for the esteem of playing at that level. What is the value of a poker player’s esteem? What is the value of your esteem? Why not join our league and find out?

2 Likes

Comment here if you are a Donk who is interested in becoming part of our Donk team and challenge another league to a weekly match.

1 Like