for 7 all I can think of is “ordinary” but it doesn’t really match the clues lol.
I know it was tough But it seems you could master it. Well done!
All correct, but cursing.
On the contrary, no. 2 is what happens when somebody curses in the Forum!
Reproach and detector are clues for two homophones.
As for no. 7, add Vasarely’s art and a synonym for west, and you’ll have your competitor!
Yes, correct! Very well done!
I give up on 5 & 7. Brain freeze LOL.
I can imagine it is difficult for you to guess no. 5, because you are not one of them (think of a synonym for martyrs)! LOL
Tomorrow I’ll give the explanations for my clues.
Ahh, I think I got 7: opponent! Tough one!
I know it was tough, but I thought Replay players would like for once a mental exercise of a different kind.
Here the explanations:
- Forum = Roman square
- Censure (reproach) + sensor (detector); “from what one hears”: indicator for homophones
- Threads can mean costumes + motifs
- Figures = stats; “back and fort”: indicator for a palindrome
- Saints (martyrs) or stains (spots); “inebriated”: indicator for anagram
- Hater in washateria
- Op (art) + ponent (west) = opponent (competitor)
- Replay = anagram of pearly; repeat = replay; “broken”: indicator for anagram
Here are some more cryptic clues. They are related to the Forum, like the previous ones.
- Does this French label dictate the protocol? (9 letters).
- This dangerous lady can be found in many infamous gangs like Binguma, Yabberuza and Donkura! (4 letters)
- Gossip about Tempranillo? (9 letters)
- The Ministry Of Defence returned the bottles of Dom Perignon (3 letters).
- Some like to nail on the wall these participants (7 letters).
2 sounds very familiar lol
Only time for a quick glance, but Maya will have something to say about your description of her ! (2)
Have another look later if not beaten to it!
So 2 is Maya after all?
1 Etiquette ?
LOL we make a great team!
Get off my computer Maya !!