The fairness debate

Oh, I see… mine is different… I cannot win after I pee for at least ten hands… how do they do these things? Amazing, isn’t it?

Scratch

PS - I will start washing afterward, keep track, and report back.

1 Like

No bot in RP.
You right about other support method, somehow RP dont want that.
One option was a similar to “VIP” player, was 10 dollar a month, couple years back… I think its may come back some time.

You get free chips every day…
ATB

marcipan- so many thanks for the quick response. Considering all the time zones involved here, I’m impressed! I hope there are others that would be interested in pay-for- play. In the meantime: Is there a mailing address where one can send a contribution? I am receiving a great deal of enjoyment, and no one should work for free. NDOM

ATB- yes, free chips each day- which breeds too many that “shoot the works” because they have nothing at risk. I call them “gun and run”. There are at least 5 sites I know of that this is true. Why not a “VIP Lounge” where the “adults” can play. People who are serious about the game, and truly wish to upgrade their skills. Just a thought NDOM

Was moderator for 4 years , support site updates and translater for free.( As You want contribute with money, mods do that with time.) I dont think they (RP) would take any money this way, but You could ask support@replaypoker.com

I agree for too much free chips given away, I realy was against it when I was mod. Lost on that “lobby”

I think RP focused now on the new client.
4-5 years ago we did discuss this “VIP” topic with the CEO, lots of idea and concept on blue paper already. Right now its under the rug. BTW ,just said “VIP”, never called like this and will called something else if if.
If You go to med or high stake, You will see better serious play.
ATB

( Its so good I can say things what was not possyble when I was mod, lol)

Hey NDOM,

While we appreciate the feedback, do you have anything that leads you to suspect this?

As you’ll note, you never have to buy chips. We do not ever require you to support the website – it is strictly optional. I know, I know, it’s crazy, but we even offer everyone ways to get free chips: http://help.replaypoker.com/knowledge_base/topics/earning-free-chips

Heck, believe it or not, you can never pay a dime and earn tons of chips in freerolls and bankroll builders – plus you get to learn to be a better poker player along the way, and maybe meet some new friends. Cool, huh?

As always, we’d be happy to take a look at any hands or look into the statistical distribution of your hands. So far, our RNG certificate and our testing keeps showing up as, “Yep, that’s random!” For the record, we find it takes about 5000 hands of poker before there’s a statistically significant sample.

gatzby- one either accepts the situation as it is, and just rolls with it- or- they try to make things better. I still have not seen where one can contribute to the effort financially. Buying chips defeats the purpose of the play and distorts standings, yet no one should work for free. I did a bit of homework and I believe this is a corporation. Do you not have a mailing address or post office box? Meantime, I hope the idea of a VIP lounge for “pay for play” players catches on. It would be a first as far as I know, and what better place for a “first” to be introduced than on ReplayPoker? I don’t think 10-20 dollars (whatever that is in pounds) is going to break anyone. NDOM

@NDOM
Need to get in touch RP via snail-mail?

Replay Gaming Ltd
2151 Chynoweth House
Trevissome Park
Truro
Cornwall
TR4 8UN
United Kingdom

We’re spitballing some plans for a supporter’s club, so I think this is something MrReplay would definitely be open to discussing. I don’t want to speculate on what that might include at this point, since we have too many ideas and not all will make the cut, but we’d love to hear your thoughts. =)

hey gatzby, just wanted to let you know that I think this is a great site. i don’t think I’d pay to play free poker, personally. took me a good year to clear a million chips. then inside of another 3 or 4 months I’ve managed to get my stack up to & beyond 5 mill./ i’m inside of 800 so far as ranking is concerned. in that time I’ve learned that getting deep into tourneys requires patience and restraint. When i think i’ve got the nuts i go for the throat. I used to slowplay AA’s // not now , got caught up way too often. typically i play somewhat aggressive when i have decent cards. so many times i’ve been near the bottom of tourneys, then i get conservative, very patient. I’ve come back from the bottom quite a few times. Last night , i was down to two/ me & babushka2/ . he was leading i caught up , then i was down to about 3Gr. to his 55Gr. ( or thereabouts ) started going all in PF. / he kept folding. when he went all-in , i folded , just didn’t have the cards. then I started betting the pot, post flop got back to even w/ him . i managed to get trip 7’s and went all-in. he bit, I won. Excellent. Plus I’ve made some great friends here. Thank You for all of your efforts johnny

2 Likes

bravo couldnt of said it better myself,lol.

It depends what you’re buying. Taking the middle value ($15), it would be about 45 pounds of potatoes, or 12 pounds of apples, or 3 pounds of coffee, or 30 pounds of flour, or like 4-ish pounds of chuck roast. If you let me know what you’re buying, I can help with the conversion.

Instead of sending them food, perhaps you might consider making a chip purchase instead.

Always helpful,

SunPowerGuru (this name has nothing to do with poker)

Glad to hear it, Johnny!

We’re glad you’re part of our community. =)

People need to stop going ‘all in’ here with pocket rockets… It’s a stupid bet, and deserves the ‘bad beat’ it often gets…

Decent poker players don’t play that game…

“Decent” Read: “Garbage”
Getting all in vs any hand with pocket rockets is a VERY favorable situation, so not it’s not a stupid bet at all, idk what you’re on about.

My comment was a bit more abbreviated than I meant it to be… My humble opinion refers to the idea of going all in on one’s first opportunity to bet after being dealt their hand, NOT as the hand proceeds along - I, too, believe you’re going to want to get all your chips in the pot eventually with such a hand, I just don’t like to see ‘all in’ as the first thing a person does upon being dealt their cards…

Sorry for the confusion, and if you still disagree, sorry about that, but it’s a free country, and I served in a combat environment back in the day for your right to disagree…

Bless…

1 Like

+1 I agree.

Albeit… you make them to d it.

Oh right, i agree in that situation. Going all in when noone has bet before you is indeed a bad play. Your post was a bit confusing but you’re definitely right.

1 Like

I lost a 250k buy in tourny yesterday :sob:. One guy got AA then AK then JJ then KQ consecutively (in a row) :astonished:. Then, right after that, I had K :spades:Q :spades: and he had K :diamonds:2 :clubs:, the board was K :hearts: 4 :spades: Q :diamonds: 2 :spades:. We went all in and he got a 2 :diamonds: on the river :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: (that’s what, a 2% chance of happening?). Keep in mind this was right after he had gotten AA, AK, JJ, KQ in a row. I could NOT believe his amazing luck (and my amazing bad luck)… but you know what? It happens! :confused:

Doyle Brunson, the Godfather of Poker :older_man:, once said “you remember all the bad beats and forget all of the lucky wins”, which is SO true!!! That’s just how our brains work. It’s similar to Nostalgia, where we remember all the good memories of a previous past and forget all the bad ones, which gives us the false perception that “things were better back in those days”. :laughing:

Many people will land miracle river cards themselves but then hypocritically whine when other people do it. In the famous words of “Kid Poker” David Negreanu: “Even donkeys get lucky. Poker is about variance and statistics and luck evens out in the end of the day.” :hearts::spades::diamonds: :clubs:

1 Like

Thank you, LeMow… It won’t happen again… :>))

Bless…

If notice also that the brand new players get fantastic hands that win and when they play cards you should never play, they still win. I believe this is to encourage people to buy chips and then they make the money. I made lots of chips at first then stalled out. I had a few stupid payers on there and made a few comments on it. Then I started losing big time and now I can’t get myself out of the basement. I get one good hand out of every20 hands and win maybe 1 out of 45 hands. No it’s not rigged, it’s just like pro wrestling, not set up.