The fairness debate

911028278, then next hand.

ANOTHER horrendous beat tonight in the RSOP promotion. All in with KK and called by a guy for ALL his stack with 47 and OF COURSE he wins.
It happens time after time after time

2 Likes

You need a lucky rabbits foot.

The rabbit that lost his foot had four of them. How lucky are they?

My latest bad beat in the RSOP promotion. I go all in with AJ and some clown calls on A4 for ALL of his stack and OF COURSE he wins it
EVERY
SINGLE
TIME!!!

2 Likes

No, I just need the odds to stand up.

youā€™ll like this hand lol.

next hand same player wins with AA.

Just watched it. frightening really isnā€™t it?

its sick.

Latest bad beatā€¦someone calls TWO allins with his 9T and is up against my QQ and someoneā€™s AQā€¦OF COURSE he hits a 9 on 4th street and another 9 on the river

WHAT
A
JOKE

PATHETIC!!!

@admins

Are you noting these continuing ridiculous odds bad beats? It happens game after game after game after game. Please donā€™t trot out the excuses. Iā€™ve played the game for 40 years. I know the odds.

1 Like

If you know the odds you will also know that odds are odds not guarantees and just because you have 90% does not mean you will win that 1 hand. It just doesnā€™t. Never did, never will. It means that over a big enough sample you should win 90% of the time. There are 1326 possible starting hands and each hand is just as likely to occur as any other. AA will lose 17% of the time heads up and 70% on a full ring. That is how odds work. You list a bunch of losing all-ins but what about all the ones you won?. Human nature remembers the unusual/stressful/emotional events so we may avoid them in future ( Itā€™s a survival reflex so we know not to poke a sleeping bear the second time)
There is also a phenomenon called observer bias where the viewer places more importance on a specific occurrence and looks for repeat incidences. Those repeat events further fuels the bias.
Let me give you a scenario to help explain observer bias.
How many GREEN CARS do your neighbours own?. How often do you see GREEN CARS while waiting at the traffic lights?. What street did you see 3 GREEN CARS on?. Most GREEN CARS are driven by pretty girls. Statistically, GREEN CARS are slightly above the average risk of being involved in an accident. Less than 1% of cars worldwide are GREEN CARS so if you see a GREEN CAR parked next to a GREEN CAR thats 1% 0f 1% so about .001% chance of seeing GREEN CAR GREEN CAR in the parking lot. GREEN CARS rarely use indicators. GREEN CARS painted with racing GREEN CAR stripes are the fastest GREEN CARS.
How many green cars did you see yesterday? I bet you donā€™t remember. You will see the same amount of GREEN CARS tomorrow but you will notice those GREEN CARS because they are GREEN CARS and and GREEN CARS are not the norm and you will subconsciously be looking for GREEN CARS because you read this post about GREEN CARS.
You will remember every GREEN CAR you see and I bet you will see times of no GREEN CAR and clusters of GREEN CAR.

Observer bias is one of the types of detection bias and is defined as any kind of systematic divergence from accurate facts during observation and the recording of data and information in studies. The definition can be further expanded upon to include the systematic difference between what is observed due to variation in observers, and what the true value is. Observer bias is the tendency of observers to not see what is there, but instead to see what they expect or want to see.

Iā€™ll believe what I want to believe and you believe what you want to believe.
@Rabbit230 I believe you. it really doesnā€™t matter how one plays.
they say well shouldnā€™t limp in. then they say well shouldnā€™t go all in. listen if they willing to call a all in they willing to call anything less than a all in.
hand above, didnā€™t matter how much more that player raise preflop 4,Q was calling no matter what. make the flop so AA looks really good, just suck the player in. he couldā€™ve raised it to 2,000 and 4,Q would still call. he couldā€™ve go all in pre, 4,Q calls
but hey play smarter and better lol

The earth is flat.
The moon is larger on the horizon because itā€™s closer to earth than it is higher in the sky.
The moon is made of green cheese.
I could go onā€¦

1 Like

if you believe those things, good for you

1 Like

aaaannnnd the latest ridiculous beat in the RSOP promotionā€¦ I go all in with AA, some comic calls with 5 7 and you can guess the rest

His odds preflop were 1 in 5, and your ā€œall-inā€ wasnā€™t exactly a back breaker for him to take a shot.

2 Likes

Stop the foolishness ur statement is total bs ā€¦ So do U call with any 2 cards All in??? I think not ā€¦ So let this player vent ā€¦ I am sick of the Homers whom canā€™t admit that the wild hands here are a bit off!!!

This is coming from me and I have played ! Million hands and won Every Big Promo and I play to win period and saying that the Crazy Bad beats r a bit nuts

Hey @Elvoid but I still play and just laugh at the madness

Question for u bud ā€¦ Would u play for real money using this ā€œRandom Generatorā€? ā€¦ I know for a fact I would not

@Rabbit230 best of luck at the tables and just have to except that ā€œIt is the way it isā€

The Goat :goat: :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

ā€œQuestion for u bud ā€¦ Would u play for real money using this ā€œRandom Generatorā€? ā€¦ I know for a fact I would notā€

Honestly, I donā€™t think Iā€™d play for real money at any online service, including this one. If Iā€™m betting real money, I want real cards, real people, and real scotch. Well, yeah, - Iā€™ve got the scotch - but drinking while staring at my computer screen just does not have the same allure it used to have.

1 Like