Suggestion: Chatty Kathy or Real Adult Chat?

i go no 1 and no 2 all the time. No wait, that might be about something else.

2 Likes

I tend not to chat. Not that I’m anti-social or anything - I will once in a great while say something. Not much, but something. (Like that time I hit an Ace high flush only to run into quads. Yeah, I cussed that guy out bigtime. JK - I typed “I picked a bad day to hit an Ace high flush” and he LOL’d and I LOL’d. Heck, if it had been an in person game, we might have high fived, or hugged, or gone to see The Batman together or something.)

But to ask me to type and carry on a conversation while I’m trying to will my latest iteration of 72o to a dramatic come from behind win is asking a lot of me. Hell, I don’t even chew gum while I’m playing.

4 Likes

I like things to be friendly, and as such I tend to chat a little, mostly commenting on good hands and good play, throw an “ouch” or other similar comment on a bad beat, and compliment people when they play well and smart.

We’re here to have fun, and as such, I appreciate when people add to the fun. I have little tolerance for trolls, for people who put down others’ play, for people who throw insults. We have people of varying skill levels and degrees of seriousness, so to me it makes no sense to put down someone because they don’t play at the same level as you do. Besides, even when I get beat by a bad play, I encourage it because I know in the long run, I’m more likely to profit from my opponents’ mistakes more than I am to fall victim to bad beats.

4 Likes

An illness prompted my interest in poker back in 2005. At that time, it seemed, there was more friendly chat. During one touney., we discussed how the world leaders should “Work it all out.” around a poker table. Long ago. I like to recognize well-played hands, but if I type more than NH, my turn has passed.

2 Likes

Simple answer. Filter it out.

2 Likes

Well, in my work I will answer random questions all day, especially at events, car / bike shows where folks and potential clients are close. I work industry trade shows for a national paint company as well so I talk during product demonstrations and selling the product . When I’m on a lift, ladder or just slingin’ paint, most of that time I’m alone and can’t or won’t talk for hours. Either way, I’m always going to be me. If there are RP friends at the table, I’ll comment or carry on a short conversation. I will always be friendly at a table…well, to most people…LOL. If you’re annoyed by my banter, say so…you won’t bother or hurt this old Guys feelings. However, I like to talk…but I don’t care to text or type. Yeah…I know…what am I doing “right now?”…typing…

4 Likes

Well said GV!

Real adult chat please!

I choose #1

Welcome to the community Toetoe79

1 Like