Songs or Theme Tunes which bring back memories

We must all have a song which brings back memories, happy, sad, or just plain nostalgic. I love this song as it reminds my of a dear friend I used to dance with - the dance was written by my first teacher and is called Blue Beyond but the song itself is Beyond the Blue. Please share your memories with us all.

3 Likes

My mom used to sing it to me when I was a kid. I had no idea what it meant, I would just sing along. She also had some of the lyrics wrong, so I sang it wrong too lol. When I grew up, I fell in love with the song and got to understand its meaning and learn its lyrics, and love it even more.

3 Likes

I doubt they would let me post my song here. Anyway, the song that brings back my younger days is Akon’s “Gangsta Bop” Search it on YouTube if you want to hear it.

Edited to add:

“I don’t know you, you don’t know me,
You don’t know the history I have on these streets.
Only if you’ve seen what my eyes have seen,
then you’d understand why I’m surrounded by Gs”

Kind of the universal theme song for ex loves from our younger years. The song is based on a true story and the artist waited until the woman was divorced before he released it, 5 years later.

5 Likes

great song Warlock. I never heard that one before. Very nice.

3:40 / 3:58

Travis Tritt - When I Touch You (T-R-O-U-B-L-E)

1 Like

Glad you liked it @SSeville. If you enjoy this type of music, the entire album is solid (The Innocent Age).

1 Like

For me Piano Man by Billy Joel was always a special song. I had started listening to that song when I was a kid. My parents always listened to Billy Joel , AC/DC , Aerosmith etc.

Those are the artists / bands I grew up with, Anyways Just a year ago in 2017 I turned 21. What do most 21 year old’s want to do on their 21st Birthday? Have a drink at the local Bar.

It was a Saturday night and Me , my Mother and Brother arranged to meet up at the local bar where they we’re both known very well know at, to celebrate my Birthday. I met a lot of my Brother’s and Mother’s friends who are now also my friends and the place was packed when someone played Piano Man on the Jukebox and everyone at the bar sang it. My 21st Birthday was honestly one of the best nights of my life and now whenever I listen to Piano Man I always remember back to that night and all the friends I met, the laughs I had and the great celebration I had with my Brother and Mom. It was a great night I’ll never forget.

-Marc

2 Likes

My song is “The first of may” It is about chtistmas trees and apple trees. I like piano man also. I like the old time RaR and Rand B. I have many discs. I also like one… Hold on to what you got!

Years ago I took on a bet about the title of this song. The winner would get a camera … to this day I still have the :camera:

1 Like

An incredible album. My mom has said before that she wants “The Sand and the Foam” played at her funeral. She used to listen to this album and other Fogelberg songs a lot when I was young. She could play some parts on guitar. I always thought Dan was such an underrated/underappreciated musician.

I Never Told You - Colbie Caillat. The first girl I ever loved gave me that song as the last text between us, can’t help but think about what could’ve been whenever I hear it.I Never Told You