Somebody done somebody wrong songs

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

2 Likes

I have to admit every time I hear this, my sympathy is with Lucille. Truly, there are no winners in this song.

2 Likes
1 Like

Every country-western song ever written.

1 Like

Not quite, SPG. Yeah, there are plenty of those, but some are about getting drunk or missing your favorite hunting dog. There are even a few about missing loved ones from the singer’s family, I’m pretty sure. In pop music, it’s often about how sorry the singer feels for themself.

1 Like

Don’t forget Trains and Pick up trucks !!!

2 Likes

oh boy - u lied 2 me

2 Likes

Here’s an OLD oldie. It SO old it was sung by Hank Williams, SENIOR. Memories of a lost age.
I remember my grandfather singing slightly different words along with the radio, though. He sang “Your cheatin’ fart will smell on you.”

1 Like

Still in the same vein, but a song from the point of view of someone that did someone wrong. This is an excellent song that most people have never heard, and it’s worth analyzing the lyrics:

1 Like

I guess cheating is nothing new, this one goes back to 1929

1 Like

It’s no doubt about somebody doing somebody wrong. What exactly is deliberately open to interpretation

How about a song about a father that done his son “wrong” with naming him? Always loved this song (and the singer).

1 Like