So what are your stats?

Yeah unfortunately the stats aren’t 100% reliable right now, so take them with a pinch of salt :frowning:

The good news, as I pointed out on this topic, is that we’re working on a MAMMOTH stats project that will propel Replay into a hot bed of statistical AWESOMENESS.

We figured our time was better spent on a brand new statistics engine, rather than try to patch up flaws in the old one. So, that’s where we’re currently at. I can tell you it’s extremely frustrating that we’re not 100% accurate, but sometimes we have to make tough decisions given our limited resources as to where our time is best spent.

Stay tuned, as good stuff is on it’s way! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hands played
Rank 5244
Folded 59%
Preflop 33%
At Flop 52%
At Turn 59%
At River 64%
Flops Seen 10,194
While in Big Blind 2,053
While in Small Blind 2,037
While not Paying Big Blind 6,104
Won 21% (2,708)
At Showdown 68% (1839)
Without Showdown 32% (869)

Today is my 5th day playing on this site. My rank is 87,000 and change.

In 2006, I beat 252,000 players to freeroll one of 10 seats to the WSOP main event in Vegas, where I finished in the top 40%.

The point is… don’t go by someone’s rank, watch them play. And don’t depend on that either, because good players know how to switch styles when needed.

1 Like

Rank doesn’t mean much by itself (especially since players can buy enough chips to get a very high rank), but apart from players who joined the site less than a month ago, rank is a pretty good indicator of skill.

Players who buy chips to play at high stakes will lose them quickly if they are not good enough (I have seen players blow through several million, i.e., 6+ buy-ins, in 30 minutes), and players who are very good will gain chips quickly at low stakes (even though it is chaotic and unrealistic).

As I moved up the ranks my perspective on it changed. When I was ranked 10,000+ I thought players in the top 3,000 were very good, in the top 3,000 I thought players in the top 1,000 were very good, etc. Now that I am ~250, I really don’t assume that anyone is a good player unless they are top 500, and even then players in the top 150 are the ones who are usually noticeably playing correct and skillful poker. I recognize the flaws in my game that make it sub-optimal compared to some of theirs.

1 Like

Hey Joe , how is my rank now ? :joy: Ranked from 5000 to 330 in few days and come back to 5000 in some hours :scream: Omg, cannot play Ring Games, im bad one.

Hey Cara, you are a good player at any rank. You must be playing very high stakes to go so far up and down. I try to make sure not to buy-in for more than 1/20th of my chips at once. There is so much variance that even good players lose big sometimes. They are only play chips so it’s easy to win more, but I had to play a lot to win those chips, so I don’t want to lose them.

1 Like

Hi Joe, thank you, yes, i players 20K/40K table this time, didnt get luck, i did raised 1M pre pot with my hand KK and othe person call it with 5 6, there was no any ace on pot , so i moved all - in, and other person, call, he had double pair 55 66, he won :joy: well, no problem, its not first time i go down, last one was on 100K / 200K table 2 month ago, was loosing with any good hand. The most hight stake i had was 172. By the way i won 15K mtt tickets on free roll now, so, go to try to get some chips in European Sunset :)))

Strictly playing NL, multi-table Hold’em tourneys; low stakes.

Total hands played: 24,646

Flops seen: 7,480
While in big blind: 3,061
While in small blind: 1,574
While not playing blind: 2,845

Hands folded: 84% (20,911)
Pre-flop: 80% (16,870)
At flop: 76% (15,997)
At turn: 57% (11,978)
At river: 46% (9,679)

Pots won: 8% (2,088)
At showdown: 97% (2,025)
Without showdown: 3% (63)

ETA:
I also agree with the ‘be very patient, wait for premium hands, count your outs…and win big…in lieu of tiny little wins all game -risking your stack in the interim,’ adage.

I bought 375,000 chips so I could play bigger tournies faster. I won’t play many ring games because tournament poker is my thing, and because I won’t pay 5% rake, even if they are free chips. In the last 2 days…

5K tourney - busted out early
15k tourney - finished 3rd, 304,495
15k tourney - finished 4th - 76,923
25K tourney - finished 1st - 380,406
10k tourney - finished 6th - bubble boy, only 5 places paid :frowning:
10k tourney - busted out early
6.6k tourney - busted out early

Looking at this, I’m gonna stop playing 5k tournies! LOL

So 2 15k and 1 25k; 3 final tables and a win. The relatively deep stacks and slow blind structures are ideally suited to my playing style.(tight/aggressive) so that’s where I’ll concentrate until I can build my bank enough to move up farther.

I was building bank at the smaller tournies, but there is too much variance there, so it would have taken forever. Spending $25 on chips was a good deal because it let me move up faster and enjoy better games. Where else can you spend so little and get so many hours of entertainment?