Sit & Gos

Found 1 from long ago Micki, not sure if the info is correct… they might roll that 1 into this thread too… hahahahaha

1 Like

Since It seems I have lost a good friend over my original reply to Craig’s post, and I let my posts auto-delete… I will now, re-reply…

This promotion was designed specifically for players with small bankrolls. The aim was to cultivate new players into SnG players, not re-attract old players that already are NOT playing SnGs. I also ONLY included chips, as to bribe these players into playing… If it was up to me there would have been NO chips involved, only tickets. Any players’s EFFORT will be rewarded when the Leaderboard for Week 3 is finalized.

After starting to research current payout amounts, I settled on the norms for a 1 table SnG, and yes I juiced up the 3 table versions… so Craig since you cut the 1 table versions, you made the same mistake I did… I guess in retrospect I can’t say you ammended current payouts cause I did too… I see no reason to ammend a 1 table SnG , as its the de-facto standard around here. As to the fact that a SnG is a fixed number of ppl, saying 100-200 or 200+++ might confuse some of our readers… those descriptions for for MTT, not SnG…

(Edit) - Removed by poster.

Converting,
2-3 players pays 1 place … 1:(2 - 3)
4-6 players pays 2 places … 1:(2 - 3)
7-19 players pays 3 places … 1:(2.3333 - 6.3333)
20-29 players pays 4 places … 1:(5 - 7.25)
30-39 players pays 5 places … 1:(6 - 7.8)
40-49 players pays 7 places … 1:(5.71 - 7)
50-69 players pays 10 places … 1:(5 - 6.9)
70-99 players pays looks like 15 places ??? 1:(4.66 - 6.6)

I re-did this to show the upper and lower ranges… because the ratios chg when the… 1 more person… enteres and chg the # of paid places.

So… hmmm… on the low side it pays 1 outta 2 … up to 1 outta 6… but on the high side it pays from 1 in 3 to 1 in 7.8 … very interesting the variance…

What this says to me is… the more ppl play, the less ppl get paid… as a %.

Lets now look @ how much they get paid, and just look @ 1st for a sec.
Ranges are 100% with 2-3 ppl … down to 26% with 70-99 ppl.

So not only are less ppl getting paid, the top gets paid less. ( duhh it has to come from somewhere )
Assuming a 10% rake and 1k buyin … then 4050 2430 1620 …

No that doesn’t look right… I bet Replay Poker has adjusted the payouts since this was made public… Can staff please get the updated ( or current payouts ) ?

1 Like

So I guess this has been a problem longer than I thought… lolololol

Yes, Sarah, I played about five SnGs yesterday, And ask some of the regulars what they perceived the problems to be…
The largest problem mentioned was the number of open tournaments, and you can’t find the ones that I have open seats,because you have to scroll through so many.

I plan on playing more over the weekend, and getting more comments to send back to you Sarah.

Your hide all empty tournaments button is an absolute must! Either that, or remove the least used tournaments.

Well Micki,
When I slide the right part of the browser to the left, untill stuff stops condensing… then go thru the lobbies… I see this : Buttons-1-1a

Now, originally I thought when staff told me they couldn’t do 1 more button, I thought it was because what you see would happen… Currently my window is larger, so the checkoffs don’t “wrap” around and then go under the dropdowns, like you see here

But because I now know that different screen sizes actually increases the “realestate” Replay had for buttons… then adding a “hide empty tables” is not only a no-brainer, but a must for both laggyness and for the players…

Micki, can you have staff merge these 2, both SnG threads ??? I just made this 1 visible after 4 years to show its been a problem longer than I thought… so can this threead be add’d to my other thread already going on SnGs ???

You will note I have been asking for that button for months now… hahaha, its just 1 button.

Pokerlobby33
I don’t have a problem finding open (registering) games . They show up in order Running first , then registering and all empty tables on the bottom.Also if they check the boxes hide running and hide finished ( like Sarah showed ) they won’t have to scroll through so many games.

1 Like

Sharon,
I want to see all Buyin levels , and if I do that … without “hide empty tables” the lobby has to update over 100 tables or more… when I only need to see the 6-7 that are registering, and have the server only need to update those 6-7 SnGs … If I need to start my own, I can then just uncheck “hide empty tables” go grab 1, and no problem… but the Ring Lobby has “hide empty tables” and so should the SnG lobby.

@FizzyMint,
When I was talking to Micki about merging stuff I didn’t think you’d split stuff 1st, the whole point of reserecting a 4 yr old post was because that itself was part of the point… I was hoping since they were long dead threads, noone would care that they got rolled into this 1… not split off, otherwise they shudda stayed seperate…

2nd, when threads are merged, there is no header to say “from here on was merged from xxxx topic” , any new reader or any current reader would get totally lost because the transition from the orig thread to the add’d merged stuff is only noticable to me…maybee Sharon…

Its my thread, and most are my posts, now even I’m lost in the conversation :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I won’t be rolling year-old posts into new ones, but I do agree with you that our forum software can make things appear a bit messy. We’ll be taking a serious look at whether we want to continue using Discourse in the future. For now, in order to avoid merging altogether, the best practice would be to link to old posts you’d like to reference, rather than bumping years-old threads. That will keep things most tidy going forward. :slight_smile:

I’ll not derail the Sit & Go thread further – go forth and discuss SnGs, and Chasetheriver will pop in to assist with the payout grid questions when he’s next in!

3 Likes

Yeahhh!!!

1 Like

Robs a great guy !!!

There was a specific point to reply’n in the 1st place to such a old thread… I’m sorry if ppl cannot see the wisdom in my actions, but that doesn’t make them any less valid… I could understand if it was like 20++ posts, both had like 5 … anywho

Lets make this simple :

Is Mr. Replay right or wrong, is this data correct or not , please…y/n ???
(edit) and is there a difference between SnG and MTT ??? please.

When you’re in the Sit & Go Lobby, and you select on any of the avail ones, to the right you get that SnG displayed along with the ppl currently registered… Here’s where the problem is, lets say just as you would once you’re on a table, you want to see the players’s rank, ect ect, in that little popup you get if your on the table… you don’t want to go all the way outta the lobby to the players’s acct page, all you want is the quick info… Many players don’t want to play with ppl that are a drastic different bankroll than they are… This also happens when looking @ available Ring games…

There’s only a couple of lines, in the code, when you’re on a table, so that click’n the player’s picture gets you that little popup… yet another thing to fix… its not a new feature, more of a bugfix…

1 Like

I think there might be another way to both increase Sit N Go players and help the beginner too!!

https://replaypoker.groovehq.com/knowledge_base/topics/search?utf8=✓&search=get+chips

When you search the knowledge base for “Get Chips” this topic appears. Its really quite helpful, but it does not mention Sit n Gos as the type game that gives a new player the best odds of wining a hand…

Whadda ya think?!?

1 Like

I personally think that SnG’s are the best game for beginners . Since it is usually the same group of players it is also a good way to make friends.

3 Likes

Our Dashboard is loaded towards Ring Games now. It offers a Quick Play button that automatically selects a ring game based on players chip stack…

Why not do the same for Sit n Gos as the tournament of choice for a Quick Play Tournament?

BEFORE

Current Dashboard RIng Game Quick Play Button picks game based on players stack

AFTER

New Dashboard adding Tournament Quick Play Button LINKED TO SIT n GO

2 Likes

I think that would help quite a bit for new players to find SnG’s.

3 Likes

Awesome idea Micki !!!

2 Likes

Hi,

I believe Sassy_Sarah was focused on number of places, but here is the percentages breakdown too.

sng

The numbers posted by MrReplay were our MTT defaults, so the 18, 27 and 45 player SnG have a customised structure which pays an extra place in the 18 and 27 player events

2 Likes