Shove analysis

A perfect example of what happens more often than not.

I play a 3-Max. One player overbets every pot. I get KK and hope to trap him, but instead trap the other player at the table, flopping set KKK and beating claimed AA that never showed. I get all but 65 of V2’s chips, and have the big stack. The next hand I have AJo, V2 goes all-in with the rest of his 65 chips, forced all-in by the BB to play junk, mercifully he misses for once, and I earn the KO.

Starting heads up with the overbetter, I bleed away unable to play any hand I’m dealt, missing everything, no bluff possible. I finally do decide to bluff with a weak inside draw and he calls, has a King to my Jack, and wins the hand, leaving me with <800 chips.

I shove A9o, he folds. I get T8o a few hands later and dare him to call my shove, telling him my hole cards. He calls, with T2o. Board is a straight, 7-J, with four diamonds to make his 2 of diamonds the best hand with the worst flush. I have two pair on the Turn and of course with the board at that point It’s predictable exactly the card that will come next: a Jack, to turn my two pair dominating a weaker Ten into a chop, and a diamond to turn my chop into a game-losing hand yet again.

I’m not posting the link to the hand, but if you want to go look and see, it’s there, proof of what I say happened, really did happen.

Sure, just call me with T2, knowing that I have a better Ten. It’s only 800 chips, right? That’s a great call to make.

Someone come find me at the cheapest 2-seat table right now so I can put this site behind me in a 20-all-in challenge. If I don’t win 6 hands I’ll change my password to a random keyboard mash and log out, never to return.

Right now. Get this over with.

20 all-in challenge.

https://play.replaypoker.com/table/7378753