RPOS X Update?

Ok thanks good to know

@GoldenDonkey

Hey bud I observed a couple errors in the set up for this years RPOS X

!) The game posted in the forum to be played on 10/30 High Roller game #10 should be 250k buy in and named Main Event NL Hold’em 9-Max Deepstack … It looks like game #7 100,000/Ticket NL Hold’em 6-Max was placed in error

1. A cosmetic error the middle table graphic is showing RPOS IX instead of RPOS X

Also the singular colored felts for All games League of Legends (Hunter Green) which is Replays normal color for 7 Card Stud Hi/Low and All The High Roller Series (what I call Pool table Green) which is Replays normal color for Nl Hold’em is very confusing to most players including myself. As the table color is equated with the type of game normally played here. This is especially confusing this year when trying to play the League of Legends game that starts at 6:30pm est and The High Roller game which starts at 6pm est at same time. When 2 types of games are being played on each table.

The over lapping of these games this year for myself is not that big of a deal but in fairness to all many players are not able to multi table or maybe playing on mobile phone which could be quite difficult for them. Saying that given the enormity of this event being able to concentrate on one important game at a time would be better in the future.

Thank you for hosting The RPOS X this year and Best of Luck to all at the tables (Except against me :rofl: )

The Goat :goat: :wink:

1 Like

@GoldenDonkey

i.e RPOS X High Roller Event # 4

It specifically stated on the Lobby “Unlimited rebuys available for the first 24 minutes. One add-on available at the first break”

** The Add on at the 1st break did not happen !!!

As @RyRyRobe took the time to state in the Lobby Chat

• : ok …so the addon didn’t occur after the 24 minute rebuy period was done and here at the actual first break (56 minutes in)…I still can’t add on?
    completely botches how i was approaching this event

They were not alone in this sentiment what so ever … I personally b/c of the blind structure that had been in place was forced to fold 3 very playable hands b/c i was counting on the Rebuy at the break to boost my stack in stead of playing those hands in which i would have won them but at the time during the tourney I felt that folding and not risking getting knocked out prior to having the ability to Rebuy was my best play. Then the break comes and I am stuck with 2000 chips instead of the 6000 that I was planning on and the blinds are 200/400 !!! I have no chance to compete !!!

This being said this game was Misrepresented and therefore The Final Standing on the leaderboard are Illegitimate and should in No Way should the Tournament Points be represented onto the Overall High Roller Series leaderboard . In Fairness to all and for the Final Standings of the RPOS X High Roller Series Should NOT be Tainted by an error on Replays part.

If what I believe is true that Replay wants to run a Fair to All RPOS X Event then All Tournament points achieved during RPOS X High Roller Event #4 will be removed from the Final Standings Leaderboard including mine.

The Statement “Well everyone was in the same boat” does not fly here and is a total cop out as previously stated by @RyRyRobe this mistake affected many players play and their ability to score tournament points for the final standings.

Please do the right thing here

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter

The Goat :goat: :slightly_smiling_face:

p.s I have no problemw/ @SunPowerGuru keeping their ticket to The Tournament of Champions b/c they were the last standing after this mess

Yeah I had some very playable shove hands that would have won in hindsight. But I figured that the solid 200IQ play was to rot levels 6 and 7 down to 6-ish big blinds thereabouts and then instantly move back up to 15+ bigs (i.e., a decent enough stack to maneuver with) with what I thought was going to be a 5K add-on at the first break break since the add-on period didn’t occur after the rebuy period ended after level 3.

I know it’s probably not feasible at short notice, but I think an 11th HRS event should be added to the end. Otherwise, it’ll feel like I only played 9 (instead of the promised 10) legit events. The refund is a nice gesture and very appreicated, but I’d rather just get a “10th” event back.

1 Like

I totally understand where u are coming from and I would be in favor in the spirt of fairness to all that this game was replayed. But saying that if this game is not replayed there is no way that a tournament that had admit ably “issues” given the refunded chips should have those Tournament points earned included in the Final Standing leaderboards. So again I call upon @GoldenDonkey to fix this in the spirt of Fairness to all

100000 chips were refunded to your account.

Reason: Issues with tournament: 5469775

Hi @Goatsoup ,

I changed the name and the stake of Oct 30th #10 High Roller. I refunded the 100K and I put all 6 registered players in again with a complimentary buy-in.

As for the cloth saying IX, I can look into getting it changed, but think its too deep into the promotion to change for the remaining games. My error: I selected RPOS League of Legends cloth and didnt realise we only have IX in stock.

Timing of the events is something we have looked at and we will keep thinking on it. We normally run a small survey after the conclusion to see how everyone felt about aspects like that.

Rob

1 Like

Hi

re: the RPOS X High Roller Event # 4

I was refunded my buy in off 100K but the not the 1 rebuy - the starting stack and then waiting for the advertised add on that did it not happen made it impossible to play strategically

My View

1: Refund also any rebuys that happened
2: Give the ticket to who won
3: Do not use this game towards points
4: Create another RPOS X High Roller Event # 4- any day any time as the unlimited rebuy and add on after 24 mins - no free entries you register if you want to play no date or time preference up to replay when and then use these points for the High Roller Leaderboard

it happens but as this is a big one like the RTC its has to be fair

In addition the prize pool woudl have been a lot higher if there was addons :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Chasetheriver I totally agree with @Goatsoup and @RyRyRobe that not having the add-on option totally changed the dynamic and outcome of the game. You play the rebuy tournaments differently and count on the add-on to get you back in game if necessary. By not having the option to rebuy left a lot of players “crippled” and unable to compete for the rest of the game. In fairness I agree the game should be replayed and/or tournament points not counted in the standings.

1 Like

The RPOS schedule, which has been up for months, made no mention of an addon.

Thus the lobby description was an obvious error, and was due to the total lack of quality control.

I saw the lobby and thought there was an addon, and played accordingly.

So I got to the final table with something like 4BB, and still managed to win it.

I didn’t get a refund for some reason.

Suggesting that the tournament points shouldn’t count is ridiculous. The advertised event was no addon, the tournament was played without an addon. Get over it.

all the unlimited rebuys have an add on same for the league of legends game unless its not on the schedule as they have not typed it but- so that will mean then all the league of legends unlimited rebuys are wrong then as they did not have an add on the schedule - now i am confused :slight_smile:

so what do we do for all the other games that had no advertised Add on on the promo ?? but happened as expected in the lobby that players signed up for. If there is a lobby error then this has applied to other games also then

@Chasetheriver @GoldenDonkey

I don’t see any of the Oct. 29, RPOS tournaments in my Lobby page. And, only see the RPOS HRS on Oct. 30, missing all three of the LoL tournaments.

Thanks.

@SunPowerGuru Get over what?? … That I want fairness for All and you happened to benefit from this Error by Replay while others did not??

The Rules of the Game are posted in the Lobby for all to play by

I personally like to win a fair fight but that is just me I guess :slight_smile:

How, exactly, did I benefit from it?

After we all realized there would be no addon, you and I were at the same table, and you had more chips than I did. AFTER we all realized.

You busted out early, I went on to win, such is the nature of tournament poker. Now you’re crying that I had an unfair advantage and it wasn’t a “fair fight?” I guess having less chips is an unfair advantage in your eyes, who knew?

What eva lol … I’m not just talking about me(I used myself as 1 example of really All the players except I guess u) What about @RyRyRobe he doesn’t count?? I am speaking about ALL the players that were affected and that is how fairness to All goes

But I can see u are fixated on u so all good :slight_smile:

Now I’m fixated on me? LOL

It was an unlimited rebuy, if anyone folded hands they should have shoved during the unlimited rebuy period, that’s on them. Do we not understand the concept of UNLIMITED REBUY?

Those who can’t afford a few rebuys shouldn’t play 100k unlimited rebuy tournies. If someone doesn’t have the bank to play the High Roller series, they shouldn’t be playing the high roller series. It isn’t rocket science… play within your means.

Fair: without cheating or trying to achieve unjust advantage. (Oxford Dictionary)

We all played the same tournament. Careless mistakes on the part of Replay don’t make it unfair.

1 Like

Come on man … This has nothing to do with the unlimited rebuys. The game was suppose to have a Rebuy after the break and that Rebuy did not occur. The issue here has nothing to do with any player not being able to afford to play or did not know how to play under the rules of this particular game. The problem here was the Unlimited rebuy period was 24 mins there was then 36 mins of play until the break where if a player busted out they were eliminated so the Rebuy at the break promised as per the Rules of the game posted in the lobby was part of the game Period.

No players “cheated” here … The players were “cheated” out of playing a fair game to All by Replays mistake. It is that simple.

Word Salad is always better with some proper and accurate dressing :wink:
cc @Chasetheriver @GoldenDonkey

Hi everyone,

Once again, apologies for the configuration error in RPOS X High Roller Showdown #4 (Unl. R&A). I know it is disappointing when events do not run as expected due to oversight on the operator’s part.

While it was Replays error which resulted in the Add-on option not appearing, as Poker Room Manager, I take the view that the the eventual result of the event as played was not ‘unfair’.

• Since there was no intrinsic advantage gained by anyone, because nobody knew beforehand that the add-on would not happen, the result will stand.

• All the participants were equally affected. - In a different scenario, where there were some players able to add-on while others could not, there would be a much stronger case for the event to be voided.

• Running the event again is impractical. The schedule is already pretty tight. Are we supposed to allow all comers, or just the original 36?

Given the above, the tournament points will stand in the Leaderboard too.

As for refunds, we refunded the original entry but not the rebuys. Rebuys are optional and not caused or affected by the configuration error.

Rob

3 Likes

@smooth99 The events are appearing in the Lobby 3 days beforehand, so the missing three should appear today. The Main Event was bumped and open for registration a week in advance

@SunPowerGuru I checked the refunds and see you used a ticket, which was refunded.

Tournament of Champions:

Qualifiers will be receiving a reminder PM at the start of next week and will be registered automatically.

Tournament of Champions MTT is now showing in the Lobby too.

Dont forget, the winner gets to rename a Replay event of their choice.

Previous promotion winners include:

• Ruthie’s Round-up (Ruthless007)
  • Galaktic Storm (Galak)
  • Morcosborcos’s Kindness (morcosborcos)
  • Widows Bite (-BlackWidow-)

Rob

2 Likes

What eva … But this is not an advantage gain it is a disadvantage for the player that played believing the rules would be adhered to. There was 36 mins of play after the unlimited rebuy ended. But it is what it is and now I guess win or lose this championship will be tainted. @Chasetheriver very disappointed that u did not have the intestinal fortitude to create an environment that is fair to All.

Best of luck to all for the rest of the series

The Goat :goat: :slight_smile:

Thanks Rob. I usually get a notification when I get a refund, but didn’t this time, so thought I didn’t get the refund. I have no idea how many tickets I have, so didn’t notice the refunded one.

Letting the results stand is the right thing to do, thanks again.

1 Like