Royal Poker Advice

i don’t know anything about poker strategies other then holdem, so correct me if i’m wrong.
but it seems like AA isn’t very good to trap in royal because you get cracked way easier since there are less cards and much more likelyness to get a bigger 2pair, sets etc. especcialy since it’s still always best preflop

I think either trapping or jamming with AA is valid at Royal, depending on circumstances of course.

I used to play Fixed Limit Royal for cash online and I feel jamming at FL was best, but I think AA can be slow played with a view to outplaying opponents on later streets at NL. Reading hands at Royal is much more reliable than full deck, so I think mixing it up is a good option. Plus you get the chance to play AA so much more often, so variance is reduced

Rob

3 Likes

As I mentioned, if you slow play A A preflop and an ace comes on the flop, you’re an overwhelming favorite to win the hand with aces full. If it doesn’t come on the flop, you still have a strong hand or one you can get away from with little invested. And nobody suspects you have aces when you don’t play them out of the chute. I’ve won more big pots by slow playing the aces this way. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

thanks for the information both

1 Like

This is a great post! I enjoy Royal and I play it often but I am no expert. I am happy to see the interest in the game. When I first tried it, I thought this is nuts, so try it a few times before you judge it. If I can help anyone (with basics- no big strategy here:wink:) please contact me and I will do my best to help. Good Luck at the tables!

3 Likes

Pocket Ts and Js are actually pretty crap.
You will rarely win with Ts full or Js full, so I wouldn’t raise too much with these.
I mean you can always luck out and get 4 of a kind but I wouldn’t bet on it.

1 Like

I often find those cards turning into a straight eventually and in Royal that is crap.

I’ve won more than a few hands of Royal with a straight. The trick is to bet wisely and not “gamble” on getting a straight. By the time you get it, it may be a full house for someone else.

I’m new here I figure nl means no limit what does ML and PL mean thank you

Hi Chrisb52,

Your correct NL means No Limit, ML: means Mixed Limited.

Mixed Limit games are derived from the Pot Limit and No Limit games and are designed to restrict pre-flop raising to keep the initial betting relatively low before the flop, but allow players to make all-in bets after they have seen a flop.

PL means Pot Limit. Many Omaha games are Pot Limit, which raises the tempo from FL (Fixed Limit) games and allows players to make big bets on later streets while restricting early betting.

If you want more information feel free to check out this section of the Replay Poker Knowledge base! http://help.replaypoker.com/knowledge_base/topics/what-does-fl-pl-and-nl-stand-for

I hope this helps!

-Marc

2 Likes
 Thanks for those tips. 

About a year I start learning ROYAL, but nothing much was going on In royal flush. So I start training is Omaha hi / lo. I will try getting back to earn Royal Flush.
…….BLUEDIME