River's end

What does that mean? If everybody got out of the kitchen, wouldn’t be any players left. It’s all fun and games. Don’t read too much into what I said. Thanks I’m leaving the kitchen now with my hot dinner, lol.

no advance player who understand the concept of poker think for a second the game is rigged.

LOL

I wasn’t speaking directly to you. It was a general statement for chronic complaints about Replay being rigged. Those that think so should put on their big boy pants and either play here or not.

2 Likes

I don’t see how it is a one in 32 chance of him hitting his out.

If you have a pair of queens, your chances of hitting a set on the river would be 1 in 23 or one in 22 if he knew you did not have a queen. If it was a gutshot draw, it would be 1 in 11.

Two pairs is often vulnerable at the river. Let’s suppose you have King Jack and you get into a pot against one opponent. If you flop two pairs, this gives an opponent with Queen 10 an open-ended straight draw. If the flop is KQJ, then he has additional outs, so he has 10 outs, assuming there are no flush draws in play.

The upside is that with two pairs you are drawing to a full house on a later street, so it is better to play small ball down to the river and then reevaluate.

On Replay Poker it is standard operating procedure for opponents to call with draws when they do not have the correct odds. Usually this should work in your favor, but if a whole bunch of people call the draw, then anything can happen.

1 Like

They insist the RNG is totally random, and maybe it is towards who wins thè hand BUT I do not believe for one minute that is not rigged to have the river decide the winner more than 50% of the time.
In live poker yes the river does decide the winner but not even close to the rate it does at replay.
It is random as to what hand wins ie: not always a flush or straight and to some extent what player wins BUT it does decide the winner so players rather than playing poker play the flawed program ànd that leads to frustrations like this.
The river is flawed within the program that is quite obvious, they want people to play bingo and chase the river not play solid logical poker

1 Like

It’s a Tempest in a Teapot. No big deal, no pun intended. But, in a real game with real money a lot happens. People don’t play as loose, I know, I know, some people don’t know how to read the room and don’t have no idea what they are doing. They play with their heart and not their head and not the one you take to a massage parlor, lol. There’s a lot of moving parts and bluffing only gets you so far. Body language comes into play and reading a person can’t be done on a computer. No big deal. I was just making conversation. Thank you to all the Texas Holdem police out there, you got me.

count how many hands do you see live per hour and now count how many hands do you see online?
come back to me with your new findings.

2 Likes

I really don’t know what all the complaints are about. It’s a video game and that’s what you signed up to play. It’s entertaining one way or another.

1 Like

Yesterday, I had 4 5. A Q 6 8 7 were on the table. I went all in and lost to a player with 9 10. That kind of thing happens all the time. It’s so common it’s not statistically feasible.
The worst thing is to be dealt, say, 6 7 and the flop is 6 7 8. Don’t get excited because you know it will be won by a straight.

Going all in with the bottom end of a straight (45 in this case) isn’t a wise move as, also in this case, 9T is quite often in most players ranges. So statiscally speaking, I think it is quite feasible.

1 Like

Indeed it is.

1 Like

The low end of a straight is a well known occurrence and has even got its own nickname. Its known as a “dumb-end straight”.

3 Likes

The lowest end of a straight is A-5 and is called “ the wheel “ The wheel is the best possible low hand in games like Ace-to-Five lowball.

1 Like

Agreed with the three comments above, if you’re going to go all-in with the two lowest value cards in an open ended straight, do not expect to win automatically.

1 Like

thats why they call it gambling

1 Like

I remember when i first started playing 7-studd hi lo, i got the steal wheel (A-5 suited) 3 times in 2 days in A.C. I never have gotten it again in a cash game lol.

1 Like

I don’t know where the river ends.
But I know that it flows on,
and that it will always be there
to carry away your hopes and dreams.

I think with your 67 and board 678 u do have about a one in 6 chance of a full house BUT you’re on re-play so make that one in 3 chances:).

I’d put my money on it that your getting it here.

1 Like