Replay Ranks

Player who buy chip lose it all in one day!
If great player lose all their chip to newby they are not great player!
Any experience player from pokerstar will make rank 200 in 2 week!

7 and 8 are fish!

It is easy! all good player can do it!

Hey gamergirl, i was wondering how many chips u bought to start out on replay ? and if i give u the 2500 chips can u show all us fish how u get to around 130 million or 200 rank in 2 weeks or less by having to start out on low stake rings or low tourneys with 2500 chips to get there ? if u get to 130 mill with those 2500 chips then i will give u my whole bank i worked so hard for. we would all benefit from it, it costs u nothing to start and u will make a lot of chips getting to 200 rank in 2 weeks or less, and all of us fish can watch u now and then along the way and see how its done. Would u be willing to back up your point u made by doing this?

Even a shark is just a big fish.

3 Likes

I never buy chip it is waste of money
You have to be good or you cannot do it! I play 4 table 1 on 1 and win them fast!
Tourney is too slow to win it fast
I make more 130 mills in 1 day so you cannot check it!
Your 63 mills is nothing I don’t want it!

1 Like

I want to thank all of you for contributing to this discussion. First and foremost, let me just say that Replay is the best free poker site I have ever been on. I have more fun here than any others that I have used. I don’t have a very high ranking, but I seem to play well with others and sometimes win. Again, for me, It is just about having fun and participating in a venue that has multiple players from many corners of our planet. Thank You

2 Likes

Your screen shot still shows us nothing as far as how much u bought to start out. 130 mill is not that much to make in a day when your bank is 8 bill and u can play 500/1mill tables, what we wanna see is u taking 2500 chips and getting to 130 mill in 14 days to back up ur point. your comparison of making 130 million from a 8 bill bank is not much to brag about, but u can brag all u want when u show us your 130 mill from 2500 chips in 14 days, cant even compare the 2 of them % wise. will give u a break on your talk about getting to 130 mill and just get to my bank and rank in 2 weeks from 2500 just to back up half of your point and amount. You could show us all how to do it from 2500 which is what u said u have to do in 14 days to not be a fish. Dont u want to do this to contribute and help others on this site out so they can increase their rank?

I believe the screenshot is showing that it says “First Purchase Bonus” in the blue above the first buying option, indicating that she has not bought chips.

4 Likes

Actually, over the past months, at least a few players have made massive chip buys during “sales” that put them into the top few hundreds of “best ranked” players. Few of them managed to maintain those ranks. There is an upcoming article on an instance of this already written and accepted for the blog,but not yet scheduled. .At least one of them has had to re-buy more than once.
My opinion on “bought chips” is if you can keep them, or better, make them grow, they were deserved; otherwise, they quickly go away along with the great rank (and, the money, of course).
Like any other sort of short cut to fame or fortune, it tends to sort itself out. If a fool inherits vast wealth, how long does he/she keep it? That’s why so many large estates are left in trusts. To make sure the inheritor can’t frivol it all away.
There’s no shame in buying chips, but there’s no honor, either. It’s how those chips are handled afterward that accrues the honor or shame.

4 Likes

Ah, the Helmuth of Replay…do you have any poker books to recommend?

Actually it does - if the 1st purchase bonus is still active, @gamergirI could not have bought any at all.

2 Likes

Concur

2 Likes

A better ranking system would be based on hands won not on stack size.

For ring games: You would get 1 point for every hand won and subtracted if hand lost.

If you play a player with double your ranking and win a hand you get 2 points or subtract 2 if you lose to a player with half your ranking.

For tourneys: you get 1 point for a hand and 2 bounty for felting any player plus 2 for any hand against a player with more than double your rank.

That would give a much more accurate picture of a players skill but let’s be honest here and Replay wants people to buy chips and that is what they are in business for and if it wasn’t for the chip buyers we wouldn’t have the great format that Replay provides.

Just my opinion and I am sure others will see it differently lol!

yes u are correct joe, however i was more interested in how to get to 130,000,000 in 14 days from 2,500 chips which she claims to have done and if u cant do that then we are all fishes. We all are sharks at some tables we play at then go to higher up tables and are small or big fish. so either way u look at it we are both depending on where we play. a 500 rank is a shark to a 5,000 rank player but a 500 rank is a fish to a top 10 player. I agree with the fact some of these players buying their shark status help replay and us fish out by contributing to the site and making it better. I still would like to know if anyone has ever heard of someone getting to 130 mill ( 200 rank ) or better in 14 days or less from 2500 freebies. If they have then thats the biggest Great White shark i have ever heard of :slight_smile:

If I prove I do it then you say you give me all your chip now is that a promise?

2 Likes

But all suggested ranking systems I’ve seen are based on chips won or points scored so in essence a player who plays the most games has a much better chance of gaining a higher ranking.

The only true ranking system would be one based on a win/loss ratio with a minimum number of tournaments required to qualify.

1 Like

@JoeDirk off topic, but I think you are a great poker player. I remember when you helped me out when i was kinda new :slight_smile: Thanks for all your forum posts and stuff!

1 Like

lol

i agree … treat others as you want to be treated …
… all tho i have sin
one game a player was a smarty and i did point out my rank …as the player went broke and left the game

1 Like