Relaxing Places

We all have places we like to go to help us relax. Here are two of my favorite places:

The Mountains:

I love going up to the mountains whenever I have the opportunity. Sometimes it’s nice to get away from the city and have a quiet place to go and relax.

The Beach:

Going to the beach is my favorite vacation spot as well as one of my favorite places to relax. Sitting out on the beach and listening to the ocean is really nice. I normally go every year but due to the pandemic I wasn’t able to go this year.

What are some of your favorite places to go and relax?

-Marc

2 Likes

This is a fun question to answer. I love to go hiking and bird-watching, wherever and whenever I can. This is a picture I took on a Rogue River mail boat excursion in Oregon. The boat’s great, the river’s great, but it’s the birds who make my spirits soar.

4 Likes

I often go for a walk in Attenborough Nature Reserve, and sitting with a picnic lunch watching the wildlife on the water is incredibly relaxing. Yesterday I was lucky enough to see mama swan taking her new babies for their first swim!

5 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes

Oh, fantastic! I am so envious!

2 Likes

What sorta bird? Looks like an eagle?

1 Like

It’s a bald eagle. There are many in this area along the coast, but not so many that they’re not exciting to spot–and photograph.

3 Likes

Today it is the turn of the ducks to help me relax as they showed me their new ducklings.

3 Likes

I am fortunate enough to not have to go any further than out my door…Living on a mountain top with a 20 acre lake, I can climb, hike, swim on my beach, ride the trails etc…
Wildlife viewing is amazing, I have Bald Eagles, Great Blue Herons, and Egrets that all live and nest on my lake. Wolves, Coyotes, Bears, Deer, Fox, Turtles of all shapes and sizes, Raccoons, and so on…the only thing I rarely see…once in a blue moon, is another human…

3 Likes

See how the cygnets have grown!! All have survived the early days!

3 Likes

Oh my! Time flies–and soon these will too.