Rejam with inside straight flush draw

First the hand Hand #535746162 · Replay Poker

My thinking. Preflop. 76s plays great multiway so lets stay passive.
Postflop. For the longest time I was thinking of folding, but then I started thinking. “well minas bet… if he calls my shove, then perhaps my equity in the pot, while below 50% could be above my fair share”. In hindsight, I’m not sure how much sense this argument makes, how often will he really call? But that was my thinking. Now, hilariously, it turned out that I was not just ahead in the multiway(55% vs 27% and 17%), I had about 60% equity against either hand in isolation.

1 Like

Fold pre flop. 76 suited is not going to play all that well out of position in multi-way pots. As played I think it’s very close but a re jam is slightly +EV. You need 40% vs the all in HU, I gave him a fairly loose range that included top pair or better, 77-55 and all open ended straight draws and flush draws and came up with I think 42%, could have been 47% though. I closed Flopzilla already. Using HoldEq I also checked with the OG raiser calling, you need 29% in the main pot and of course 50% in the side pot. Vs both ranges I came up at 34% for you. I gave the OG opener AA-66 open ended straight draws and flush draws. This being said if you’re up against tighter players this should be a snap fold as you’re going to be up against bigger flush draws and sets a ton with maybe some over pairs and top pairs ( a lot of which will have flush draws to go with top pair)

Or try to isolate with a raise to 5-6x. From early position vs a table of stations, probably best to fold it though. IMO, calling the flop jam was unnecessary. There is no need to gamble that many BB’s on a table of people who will gladly pay you off with your fat value.

2 Likes

The way I’m thinking is multiway means two things: As my stake in the pot is smaller, I can afford to fold a lot on the flop. When I do hit there is a better chance that someone else will have a 2p or something and I can get paid a ton.

I might isolate with a stronger holding that I want to protect, as in this case a 2p could be deadly.

iso’ing from EP with 76 suited on a table full of stations is going to lose tons over time.

2 Likes

you don’t make any chips folding

When you do hit there is a much higher chance you’ll be dominated by a bigger flush so the RIO is pretty bad in these spots. It is better to iso pre if you insist on playing this hand from EP but better to just fold

I’m not sure I understand this, are you talking about pre flop? What is 2p, two pair?

A risk worth taking. IMO. But it’s a good point.

You want to protect against them flopping 2p is what I mean.

You don’t protect against V’s flopping 2 pair. It’s pretty damn hard to flop 2 pair. We iso to reduce the number of players seeing the flop, ideally to get HU or 3 ways. We want to be iso’ing against weak players, weak ranges or with good hands in position.

1 Like