Quick: Name Your Favorite Fruit!

In the Northern Hemisphere, summer has vanished, fall is upon us. Fresh spring and summer fruits are by now a sweet memory.

What’s your favorite fruit? And where/when can we find one?

(Mine favorite is the Comice pear, easily found in Southern Oregon and actually ripe, sweet, and juicy in the fall, so I’m in luck.)
Pear

2 Likes

BaNAna, baNAna, banana is good enough for me!

Mangoes are nice, and on the rare occasions I can find them fresh, Lychees (spelled wrong, no doubt) are great.

2 Likes

I am with Alan on this! My favourite is mango and banana smoothie!

2 Likes

Chilled with a shot of vodka is best, grape. Good one.

2 Likes

Golden delicious apples. You have to have them shipped to you if you live in New England. The season is over…

1 Like

My favorite fruit is the tomato.

2 Likes

I’ll be right over!

That comes in second for me, but a very close second! Straight from the vine is best, or juiced and mixed (a la Alan) with a shot of vodka. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Raspberries would be my favorite. I originally planted 150 plants, since the growing season might only be 5 months. Plus, you always have to plant enough to share with the animals. Birds, raccoons, deer, possum’s turkeys, all visit my garden daily. My biggest pick in one day was 2500. I freeze a lot of them to use year round. I also have thousands of wild raspberry bushes. I do love all fruit though, can’t think of one I wouldn’t eat.

3 Likes

Oooh–what could be better than raspberries with everything?!

Pomegranates and bing cherries are my favorite sweet fruits, but I eat more savory fruits than anything (avocados, tomatoes, coconut).

3 Likes

All on my favorites list! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Life wont be worth anything without tomatoes ! :yum:

3 Likes

:hugs:

I also love eggplant. Some people really don’t bother with them. Delicious :yum:

Eggplant . Not only are eggplants fruits , they’re technically classified as a berry.

2 Likes

I am interested in eggplants. Had no idea they were classified as a berry, and also had no idea they are fruits! I have no idea, furthermore, what to do with one. Suggestions/recipes welcome.

1 Like

Hi Jan. I knew you would be interested in that post lol :joy: the Amazing Eggplant :eggplant: * my new way of eating it * peel completely, slice in circles, dip in an egg batter, dip in bread crumbs and instead of frying it in oil ( eggplant tends to soak up a lot of oil ) put them in an air fryer until golden brown. Delicious :+1:t2: Not bad for a single Marine eh ? Your husband will love it. So healthy!

1 Like

I have made this traditional Greek Moussaka recipe for years - it takes a while to prepare but the result is worth it! When cooked you can cut it into portions and it freezes really well!

2 Likes

Super! On the menu for this weekend. :slight_smile: Thanks Grape!

1 Like

Absolutely not bad at all! You never fail to amaze, Craig. Yes, I think my husband will love it. I don’t have an air fryer but probably need one. :slight_smile: See what you did there? Enhanced the U.S. economy with your post. lol

1 Like