Question abouta chat warning

QUOTE- America leads the world and English is the universal language.

When are you guys going to wake up?when you get another vietnam war?
its pathetic to see statements like this saying -America leads the world.
i agree with you English is the universal language and invented not by Americans you guys just took to it.Get your history right.
It does not augur well when you write things like America leads the world and just for the record you guys are miles behind China,japan and Germany.
Dont want to get into an arguement here nor should be stir any racism controvery but choose your words carefully.we players are from round the globe and respect the players irrespective which country they come from.
for the record english is the most spoken language in the world followed by French but its got nothing to do with America leads the world.

I played on another poker site where you could chat. Because players kept using obscene language and calling each names. They quit using chat and gave you a list of six or seven short responses ( ie Good hand, Lucky Hand, Cheers ).

Okay I hope this will put this debate to bed once and for all. English is one of the most difficult languages to understand speak and be grammatically correct . In Japan one would expect the language be totally and wholly Japanese . Not so as a friend teacher who spent her time in Japan and they embraced the English language . If ones says I am an Australian they are surrounded by eager Japanese practicing what they have learnt thus so far. I have friends who struggle to express what they mean listen carefully and one will understand what they mean . Latin I find a tongue twister and leave that to the legal fraternity. Whatever your language your country be proud my Spanish French German friends find me hard to understand at times . My favourite language is Spanish my friends I can hardly understand them but we do share a laugh with accent .

OK…OK…OK…Lets get this right, i am English, not British but English, i have seen players chatting to each other in another language about players on the table, them other players had no way to respond to that, that is not fair, poker teaches us to be fair and open and play a straight game with no abuse, if i was called stupid in English i could at least answer, if it was in French or Italian or an other language i could not and that sets me apart from them players, i find it welcome that i can turn the chat off so if you get offended by the chat or cant speak English…TURN THE CHAT OFF…
The problem comes when player chat in anything else rather than English about the cards they are holding in their hands,
so i think that as English is the international language then it and only it should be used, i am will to teach English words to anyone that cant speak or understand the best language in the world.

1 Like

@Qu4l0 , True, true. we see it in 1000 years.

@TrueBlue2u

You kidding, right?

@dmeece

I think will be short responses on RP.

That’s ridiculous… English, although not Officially designated as the International language (except by the ICAO) it is the most spoken language in the world when second languages are taken into consideration. English is rapidly becoming the language of choice when dealing with international communications (I am sure the ICAO Treaties have had a great influence on this trend. Why establish yet another international language?) But, we are dealing with people, who can’t seem to agree on anything, irrelevant of what language they are speaking. So to that end you are correct and we should all learn everyone else’s language. Oh, so much to do and so little time!

Universal Language?? What does that mean? Wouldn’t a Galactic Language be a more achievable goal… don’t you mean an “International Language”; a language that crosses geographical and political borders? Well there is already a language that does that by International Treaty, which over 80% countries in the world adhere to. That language is English and the treaty is ICAO. Every pilot and air controller needs to speak fluent English and must speak English in their duties as pilot or air controller. As far as French goes, most of France’s influence was in scientific endeavors, although the use of French in scientific papers is now almost non-existent, as English has replaced it.

I would say, that unless there is a Replay Poker requirement for English Chat only… you were out of line. Sorry… Rae.

Oh, I forgot to add (as I was overwhelmed by the thought of actually learning every language that might be used on the chat boards on Replay Poker), what’s the problem with people communicating in their native tongues? Does Replay Poker have rules against those types of activities?

Let’s weigh this: gbus vs Wikipedia; Wikipedia vs gbus.

Poor argument. 98% of Wiki claims are referenced to external links; but nice try.

I have the solution for you gbus… copy and paste the offending chat into Google Translate.

It’s always good to know a second language… it makes you a better person.

TrueBlue2u… you don’t get out much, do you?

Hey, give us a break… please; the French started that, not us. But do you ever hear about that anymore; no. Yes, we have a lot of pride, and for good reason. I read your profile jazzbythebay and your English is perfect; I guess we have the Britts to thank for that.

OK… I believe you. Now, I’m an American and proud of it, maybe a little too proud, but I doubt it. but what the heck is the difference between a Brit and an Englishman. Is it that obsessive royalty thing?

Well its like this, an English Man is from ENGLAND and a BRIT is from The United Kingdom of Great Britain, i am English and NOT Scottish or Irish or Welsh… ask a Welsh Man if he is British and he will answer NO I AM WELSH, only people in other countries call us all BRITS… is that ok now…

Got it! Thanks for the explanation… it seems all you Brits aren’t the same; some are English. :slight_smile:

Disagree:

1. There is no “Universal” language. The closest thing to what you are saying is the International ICAO Treaty which specifies fluent English is to spoken in the duties of Air Crews and Air Controllers. Making English, by treaty, the first true “International” language, although in a limited scope.

2. If America leads the world, why does Donald Trump need to “Make America Great Again”? Just asking.

Donald Trump needs a new barber more than anything else.it would be interesting to see how he runs the office.Hes street smart and a corporate man sometimes one needs to think out of the box.Lets hope he brings down the national debt which is a shade over 16 trillion dollars divide with EACH NON TAX PAYING CITIZEN it works out to about US$59000 debt per indivual.Truly god bless america.

and Pirateriver thank you for your post and guess what? i was educated in an american school in Japan-Marist Brothers international School lmao!!!
god bless and see you at the tables.

Que tengas un buen dia.