Profanity Filter

The holier-than-thou people behind ReplayPoker impose censorship on the use of the word “marijuana” in their Chat windows. Can I say “weed”, your heiness?

These people are representing the opposite of freedom of speech. To succeed with the muzzle, they invite themselves into a revolving door that has no exit. ReplayPoker will effectively need to censor an ever-increasing list of words that have the same meaning of those they seek to blacklist.

In the end, these foreigners are creating an environment where their patrons are prevented from communicating with each other - and for what?

I got targeted and banned by writing " fk’n ". Yet others can write things like " **** off ".

It’s a bunk policy. But oh the **** well, …ha, I will just sit back and laugh at RP chase their tails.

No filtering at all. Freedom of Speech - in any language. If they didn’t obsess about censoring people, ReplayPoker would save themselves a lot of time, effort, and worry.

In short, the filter is a “warning” for those who not read the rules. We (mods-RP) already discuss about these issues who create backlist, actually, we did before the profanity filter made. The other prevention will be, the moderator button, thet way RP give a instant tool to all user hand in the future, if they think they dont like what they read, they can report it just a click away. Much more problem in these then what you describe and never ever can please all. :slight_smile: “chase tails.” forever! 3 years ago I did post one here “so i think waste of resourses.” if you read it back this thread… before the filter made.

For your benefit, I’m going to have to ask you to report to English 101, immediately.

:slight_smile: tx

I don’t think you’re filtering profanities in other languages.

They get all the fun :frowning:

bugger gets stared out also and its a common word for europeans i belive. then someone thinks your cursing at them . ? when your not.

That’s true! Although we’ve never had reports of swearing in other languages. If we do, then we’ll probably extend it to other languages too.

This isn’t a freedom of speech issue! This is supposed to be a fun site to relax and enjoy. Just because you CAN say FK, doesn’t mean you SHOULD say FK!

If people had an education they could figure out better verbs, adverbs, nouns and adjectives than F**K!

Just my “Holier than thou” Opinion…

Replay making an effort to maintain integrity and moral values is greatly appreciated. Freedom of speech was not meant to be a license to verbally abuse others. Just because you can does not mean you should. If you don’t want to be controlled then try a little self control. Freedom is not meant to destroy moral values. You can call it “holier than thou” if you want. I have certainly been called worse but I call it common decency. What benefit does one receive from using vulgarity? While some will keep it to mild level, others take it to an entirely new and extremely vulgar level. I have heard some of the most disgusting chat I have ever witnessed and can not even comprehend the mentality of person behind the keyboard. Thank you replay staff for your efforts.

For those who oppose a chat filter it is obvious to me that it is not only important to you to type or say filth but just as important to you that others are exposed to your filth. If you want to be that way that is up to you but don’t force others to except it. Roll around in your own filth if you must but don’t force me to get in it with you.

Hi

Why not timeout that player. Then it will send that chat log to the admin. I know what you are going to say use the report button on that player. thanks

or you could mute them

People that want to censor certain words are probably just jealous: