Poll: Player skill

How does one judge skill levels? I’ve seen very highly ranked players constantly chasing and generally showing very poor skill levels. Some players play what, 10 to 20 tournaments every day, others like me play maybe 1 per day. Do player rankings really indicate a players skill level ? I’m not sure. Perhaps rankings should be based on a win/loss ratio as opposed to total chips, that way players rankings would not increase in proportion to chips purchased and the players skill level would be more accurately reflected by their ranking.

1 Like

Ranking or chip count doesn’t always translate into player level but that is the best measure we have. Newer players that have not accumulated many chips may be outstanding players, tenured players may have a low rated number but took years to get to that level and are really not much better than average and some folks may have ‘bought’ their ranking. Still, I like to play folks ranked below 20,000 and even better below 10,000. They are generally (not always) the more polite and interesting players and tend not to be ‘crap shooters’ or ‘bingo players’.

1 Like

As I recall from other threads, this is on Replay’s to-do list but most likely won’t happen until after the HTML5 version is released.

3 Likes

I prefer to play equal or better players. I think such will make me a better player. However, I have difficulty in figuring out their skill level. At one point I thought that one’s rank equated to skill level. Is this correct, or does this rank simply reflect the number of chips one has accumulated? If that is correct, all one would need to do is to buy an enormous amount of chips to rank quite high. Help me out please.

Thanks

Racerx3200

Hi Racer,

At the present time rankings are based solely on chips accumulated.

Hope this helps

Thanks. That is what I was concerned about. Over about 6 months or so of play I have around $770,000 chips. About 2/3 of those are from the $2,500/day a player receives for just “showing up,” with the remaining 1/3 of the chips received from winnings. I have not purchased any chips. I rank around 11,100. How do I find equal or better skilled players to play against? Any thoughts folks?

Thanks,

Racerx3200

I would like to play with better players but I cannot find any…

I hear humility is popular.

3 Likes

humili-what? What’s that? :joy:

2 Likes

Trying playing something other than solitaire.

2 Likes

lol