Poker quotations

“If you can’t beat them, bluff them”

“The beautiful thing about poker is that everybody thinks they can play”

Heard this the other day on CNBC from Boone Pickens. He said “Don’t push the monkey”. No you knew what it meant and he said old Okie saying which is, The old organ grinders with the monkey would say that because you get a better show. Modified for Poker and the all ins before the flop.You get a better game. Will Rodgers had a few that apply as well.

All the worlds a stage… but we are merely poker players

yep, sure it true, lol

but I, try and make it better, by trying to make someone laugh ! ha

Just because I checked, it doesnt mean i dont have the best hand.

1 Like

quote: A true gambler isn’t the one who make the highest bet. It’s the one who make the most calculated one.

i have another one.

quote: Skill and luck are not the most important parts of poker. It is having fun in the game.

Even have a third one now.

quote: Playing poker always grant you something good. The weak players bring you money, and the strong bring you experience.

“Poker is all deception. Either you’re tricking them into thinking they have the worse hand, or making them think you do.” —Bluffingitall (and no, I don’t usually bluff😀"

Not Poker but somhow fit
“Success breeds complacency. Complacency breeds failure. Only the paranoid survive.”

Andrew Grove ( died 21 March 2016 , ex CEO of Intel )

When you miss the flop, it’s time to stop

You can’t win a tournament on the first hand, but you can lose one.

3 Likes

“Scared money never wins“ - old poker saying

3 Likes

poker is part skill and part luck, unfortunately luck has has a greater roll in online poker than in real tables.

Mark Twain- “All You need is ignorance and Confidence; then success is sure.”

2 Likes

“You can’t bluff someone who isn’t paying attention.”

4 Likes

Poker, It’s Fun and Torture ALLIN One !!!

Big Phil H is correct. Poker IS 100pct Skill 50pct Luck. OR SOME COMBO OF THE TWO !!

Poker is a lot like sex: most people aren’t nearly as good at it as they think they are.

1 Like