Players style's and folks' commentary

So what exactly is the difference between them commenting on your “style” and you posting negative comments about their chat? I don’t see a difference at all.

If going allin to “see what unfolds” is allowed, commenting on it should be too.

From a business perspective, the bingo crowd is far more destructive than comments. One can mute a player, but one can’t make them respect the game. Yeah, one is allowed to ruin the game for the whole table by treating a game of skill like a scratch off instant lottery game, but commenting on such anti-social play is wrong… really?

2 Likes

Hi I’m new to replay.and I think its great. I didn’t realise this page was here till now. But what you say makes a lot of sense to me ,this is fun and you can do it MY WAY as the song goes lol. I’m pinky3721 c u on the table.

I was answering MzMaria sorry cant do it right yet lol

Respect on that magical word LUCK, come on when you call with two pairs you cant know your going to get a full house. Put it this way I never heard of mystic Meg winning the lottery lol did you ?

I’d post this question in response: What good does telling someone they’re a bad player do? The only thing it’s doing is making the name-caller look like a jerk, and maybe blow off some steam. We get that, but there are much better ways to do it.

There’s a pretty good chance you’ll either cause them to keep doing it because they don’t understand why it’s frowned upon (which… why? That’s no fun!), or if they’re out to get your goat, it’s just going to get you more and more angry.

You’ll note that the Community Playbook asks players to go with constructive, positive feedback and to avoid retaliation.

That said, we’re not a big fans of playing against it either. Personally, I’ve had some luck playing Sit-n-Gos, as well as experimenting with different limits. We’re looking into some options to try to ease people out of the behavior, or learn how to improve their game, figuring that education is the better approach. They are, after all, just playing the game the way they know how – much the same way someone might bunt in baseball, or ground a pass in American football. When you only have a square peg, it doesn’t matter what shape the hole is. =)

Just for the record, I don’t usually say anything negative to anyone, other than an occasional “well donked” out of frustration when appropriate.

This, of course, is said with much love, in hopes that it might inspire them to take the time to learn the game a little bit, which will increase their appreciation of the game and their enjoyment of same. If asked to explain, I will always take the time to teach them a little about the finer points. (no, calling off half your chips with pocket dueces is probably not sustainable)

I respect players of all skill levels, even the freakin idiots. :smile:

cant replay tag the allin donks and restrict then for certain tables, where good players can choose whether to play on theses tables :grinning:

Great subject, interesting that the responses are as varied as are our poker playing " styles". My experience here on Replay has reminded me a bit of lessons learned as a child…A little growth through being humbled is still a good motivator for me; however, being social in nature, each of us thrive on being welcomed into new group situations. Being labeled negatively at the beginning of such situations can leave a person feeling rejected, which results in an anti-social defensive behavior. Acting out to suppress these awful feelings through purposely isolating oneself from the peer group results in these radical “styles” of play that disrupt the normal rhithym of play that satisfies the group. I have found myself on both sides of this situation while here on Replay Poker. At 50 years old, I found myself being rude and childish just because I felt unwelcome. Singled out for my slow play by the few impatient ZZZZZZZZZZZZ knuckle-heads, I resorted to purposeful “styles” of play that went against the group conscience. I wanted to be different and disruptive because I had my feelings hurt… and I was. This defect of character has since been corrected and instead of looking for differences between my “style” and the groups’ comfort, I defer to those who lead the group and learn from my peers. These leaders are normally the best players at the table and the most outspoken when it comes to congratulating opponents for nh’s and being positive in their communication. Many of these people are responsible for a good first impression with new players or visitors to Replay, which results in the unusual positive experience we all LOVE about this poker site. That good feeling is what keeps me coming back for more “humble pie”…For me, reaching out to the " style challenged " player, maybe trying to “friend them” instead of showing impatience with their “style”, ultimately results in their natural social needs being met. Acceptance, fun, friendship; playing poker with your buddies… Learning from and emulating your peers… Thanks to Replay for the GREAT site ! Good Luck!

1 Like

I like your sociological analysis of poker strategy and table dynamics.

It seems to me like there is only 1 basically optimal approach to winning on this site (even though fun is the real goal and winning is secondary). I wish this were like the world series of poker where we can see creative minds reading people and situations that go beyond their starting hand strength. But, sadly it seems like the nature of play chips pushes the “optimal” playing style in a particular direction (which I don’t want to explain too specifically because it will make my game transparent). Viewing it this way makes me quickly dismiss new players who want to defend their “playing style” of going all-in preflop all the time. I wish I could see poker playing styles as expressions of personality and creativity the way you do.

1 Like

play and enjoy. Its that simple.

wbh

A post was merged into an existing topic: Replay poker is rigged

well said

I strongly agree.Hell,whist I may be appalled at my play,I’m disgusted by some of the unnecessary nasty comments. If I’m a donkey then you’re a fuucking jackasss !
P.S. Losing sucks but it’s very easy to press 3 keys; - “GG”.Not so terrible is it,in victory or defeat? Bear in mind these chips buy NOTHING.

Already having been “whisted”, which I must say is delightfully twisted, I am surely about to be de-listed. Uuuuh… Dr. Theodore Seuss Giesel " I do not like green eggs and ham I do not like them ! "

1 Like

I would like to tell a story from my online poker experience on Replay Poker.

When I first started playing Replay poker online. I will admit I was upset with people who would consistently went all in every hand.

The real reason I was upset was because I was an inexperienced poker player at the time.
I didn’t call them names or anything but on the inside of me. I was a little annoyed and upset.
The reason I was upset was because I didn’t know how to deal with these types of players.

I didn’t know how to punish them for there all-in strategy.
I use to leave the table in frustration when these types of people came.
I was so new and inexperienced.
At the time I was wanting replay poker staff to get rid of those types of players lol.
I will not lie; I honestly did lol.

Currently I am a medium stakes poker player and have still been climbing the Replay Poker ladder.
I would like to share a nice story which I believed helped me become a better poker player which in turn helped me become a medium stakes player.

The most amazing thing happened to me.
The amazing thing which happen to me was something I witnessed on a poker table on Replay poker.

I went to a 9 seated table. The table was 9 seated;however, only 5 people were on it including myself.
At the time I was a low rated player still upset with all-in players.
As I played that table for 1 good solid hour.
I noticed a level of poker quality which I had never experienced before.
The people who were at the table with me 3 of them were high stake poker players and 1 of them was a high ranked medium stake player.

When I played with them for that 1 hour session I noticed every1 folded expect for the big blinds and small blinds players usually.
In fact, out of lets say 100 hands in a 1 hour session I would say 95% of the hands involved only 2 people playing against each other big blinds vs small blinds.
Everyone else pretty much folded. They folded because they knew there hand was bad.

Than something happen to me. I ended up getting 2 pocket Aces on 1 of the hands.
I was so excited. I had my chance to win a lot of chips!
I looked at the Replay Poker 3x button and I pushed it before the flop.
You will not believe what happened.
To my surprise everyone folded.
I got the best pocket hand ever and everyone folded.
Can you believe that?

Than that is when it hit me. I realized something I did not realize before.
It is very hard to get chips from strong players and if you do its even harder to keep the chips you win!

3 Likes

Good story, awesome to read! And recognizable, lol.

Perhaps players must deal in the low stake more often with players who goes all in (but also there a lot of serious players), but in medium and high stake you must can deal with high bets (pre flop and after flop) also. Lot of different players and lot of players with a different play style.
Poker and players can be unpredictable, makes for me the game so exciting!

My favorite response to the ZZZZZZZZZZZZ is asking them if they are pretending to be a Bee. It usually is not met with a positive response from them, but it usually gets a few laughs at the table, and if they get nasty about it, i just tell them to buzz off…lol.

2 Likes

Regarding All In players. What about having some Pot Limit tables so people can play without somebody going all in at the start of each game ?

There are pot limit games available in all forums (ring, SnG, Tourney) and for all types of games. Click on the “All Limits” drop down arrow and you will easily be able to choose one to your liking. Good luck and Good poker!

3 Likes

Thank You owlady