Player Profiles

Confusion

I don’t play cash games offline.

lol

1 Like

welcome to the forums @dirtyone88

1 Like

Exactly right. I found RP after the ptb decided we couldn’t gamble online at pokerstars etc. years ago. I joined in 2016 and just played a few SNGs. I came back in late July of 2018 and played until the end of June this year. Then I began playing again on December 9. I’ve never bought chips and don’t need to as my 35 mil is more than enough to play the biggest tnmts in omaha and ohl; 100k and 250k. I play to win the monthly leaderboards in the omaha games. Rarely play holdem. We all have our own goals…even if only for relaxation. Who cares if peeps bought all their chips? I hope they keep doing that! Buying some sort of illusory prestige at a free poker site is more than a little ludicrous. Those players that are so concerned with finding every tiny edge over other players–at same FREE poker site–is more ludicrous still. If we were playing ‘live’ poker and I walked up to a table where I was an unknown would the other players have the ‘right’ to know my name/dob/residence/mother’s maiden name/who my friends are etc. ??? Just play!! Ya pays your money and takes your chances! That’s what it’s about. It’s supposed to be fun. The accountants here need to chill and learn how to play better. That’s also what a free poker site is about…

2 Likes

Over time, eventually, we all ‘evolve’ into ‘poker players’ or we ‘die’ and move on to ‘bigger and better’, or not… lol… For me, and probably for many others as well, the first thing I notice is ‘chip stack’ and ranking here… If I want ‘more’ I might go look at a player’s ‘home page’ to ‘scout them out a bit’… I haven’t done that in some time now, hard to care, when all it really takes is about 10 minutes of time to get the lay of the land on them… From chatting with players over the years - here and at the on-line free poker sites that pre-date this place, (“Poker Sharks”, or a name similar to that, I forget now, was one…) is another way for me to size up a player’s potential or ‘motivation’… This Is Free Poker, after all, AND has virtually NOTHING to do with Real Poker… :>))) …

wanta know what I think? tell you anyway…if you want to know how well someone plays…watch them…better yet…play them…it is a free site after all. do not play for money on line…or off…thats what I like about free poker site

there is a difference between how players deal with ring games and with tournaments. How do you compare them?

1 Like

Unless yiu think you’re good enough?

I have always questioned the wisdom of raising pre-flop with a pocket pair. Why should I alert you to the fact I am holding decent starting cards? I have found playing on Replay, and in cash games in Reno, that many players will fold before the flop.

2 Likes

is this ,you think ,because of the pre flop raise? or just because of crap cards?

welcome btw

Hi, Kimo, welcome.
Sometimes it’s for deception value–if opponents know you’ll raise on most pairs, but not WHICH pairs, they’ll be more inclined to call your raise or bet.
Were you from Hawaii?

I agree with you regarding ‘differences’… I am strictly a ‘tournament player’ these days, and even then not being real interested in acquiring anymore chips or ‘losing big’ either, lol, I only play in one or two ‘small’ tournaments a day 4 or 5 times a week these days… I think ring games and tourneys are so different that it isn’t likely very many people are avid players in both arenas… I could be wrong, obviously - got old now and am not paying much attention to what goes on here much anymore, :>))) … Thanks for the chat, though, :>)) …

2 Likes

Might be nice to have a little trophy-figure so you could see how many times a player had won that event. Give you the knowledge that you so desire.

1 Like

Vital? You would never make it as as a pro…anywhere. Welcome to RP.

It’s called “card sense” .Reading the table. Sometimes you raise with aces; sometimes you don’t. When you know what the books say you are just a beginner. If you don’t believe me, then you will learn from a master soon enough.

1 Like

Reading books will show you how top pros play against other top pros. Don’t expect low or mid stakes free poker to play anything like you read in books. Books are a good way to learn the math behind the game and stuff like that, but that’s it.

I do often look at rankings and profiles. It doesn’t give me perfect information, but it’s something. Some of the poker achievements are semi-useful too. For example, “Poker Ace” means they have won at least 10 MTTs. I also like to look at the various leader boards. Many players simply don’t play enough to make a serious bid for the boards, but if I see someone at my tournament table who I have also seen on top of the boards month after month, it tells me something.

4 Likes

I agree with a private friends list as optional, TBF iDk myself. Stat wise though RP offers very little. I know other sites or CASH poker offer much better. Cash it usually requires site app/progs to give more stats.

Again I agree private friends as an option for the secretive is OK.

RP gives very limited info on players. It does 4sure give insignificant insight on a new players profile. I usually also check biggest pots won which tells more than most would realise.

I can usually split between SnG/MTT player Vs RING player from profile view.

Everything helps get an edge. Even WSOP POY runner up mentions small seemingly insignificant chat Vs Unknowns to get an edge.

Ultimately tho its fee poker - the ultimate edge!